Distinctive Features of the Nativity
Surya * pitri-karaka (father) * jyoti-karaka (light)
CAREER - SURYA
Sparkling Surya activates 10 from Jyeṣtha lagna
Surya activates the emotionally dignified , social-ordering, leadership-seeking; 10th-from-Chandra
matrikaraka (mother) * garha-karaka (village)
[nīcha] * comforted by mystery * sensitive to trauma-healing * needs discovery
Chandra in Anuradha-Maitra
* comforted by resistance to danger * protects against preventable damage * soothed by emergency regulations
- Chandra in
classroom-1 * comfort in glowing incandescent
embodiment * familiar with kinetic energy * feels the beating pulse of muscular movement * accustomed to
body-based emotional response * needs rhythmic energy flow * attuned to oceans * feels like a pioneer * soothed by championship * sensitive
to new birth * seeks calming routine activities * undulating personality * mother may be a life-protector, a sea-farer, a midwife, sentimental
- Somana-yuti-Kuja * Emotionally pro-active * sensitive to brotherly figures * needs to win * comforted by direct forward movement * invigorates the undulating routine * soothed by pioneering innovation * competitive mother * calmed by routine exercise *
feels like a champion
CAREER - CHANDRA
Comforting Chandra activates dharmasthana-9 from Jyeṣtha lagna ++ Chandra activates 9 from Anuradha Chandra
[nīcha] Chandra gives plenty of childhood polarizing
catalysis with the mother, no matter the later-in-life compensations.
bhratru-karaka (brother) * virya-karaka (virile)
lagnesha * co-ruler of
Vṛścika indriya- lagna
- Mangala-Vṛścika [svakshetra]
* vigorous pursuit of hidden assets * proactive exploration * energetic initiation * exposure of shocking secrets * plunges the tantric depths * push toward discovery * champion of emergency action
- Mangala in bhava-1
* forward fighter * muscular champion * competitive winner * drive toward performance vitality * embodied action * primal sexuality * pursuit of progress * direct movement * physical engineering * thrusting vigor * dominating personality * pushy * dynamic innovator * energized conquests * athletic body
* invigorated feelings * energized intuition * dynamic nurturance * competitive caretaking * often the dominant parent * needs to win * forward thrusting emotions * seeks security via conquest
Motivating Mangala activates 1-6 from Jyeṣtha lagna ++ Mangala activates 1-6 from Anuradha Chandra
rogesha-6 Mangala for poverty, exploitation, social conflict, and servitude, slavery; with
matrikaraka Chandra. Yet Chandra-Mangala Yoga
signals great material accumulation via a Ministry of Service (6)
Budha * jamayah-karaka (sibling) * sandeza-karaka (message) * zisya-karaka (student)
[Atmakaraka] communications media, conversations, sexual coupling,
commercial business, cinema, details
* bureaucratic communications * articulation of lawfully orderly process * proletarian phrasing * delivers procedure for imposing rules * descriptive explanations of the social order * messages about governance * documentation of regulatory procedures * diagrams the hierarchies * status-conscious mentality * hands-arms-shoulders send normalizing gestures,
- Budha in bhava-3
[svabhava] narrative of cohort collaboration * chatty siblings * articulate announcements * discusses commerce * instructions for management * conversations about information technology * clever programming * logical reporting * talks about daily business * handles information * skillful printing * scripted dialog * text instructions * writes lyrics * detailed media-messaging * communication tactics * explains marketing * quick manufacturing * descriptive process * signaling gestures
* amusing explanations * entertaining chatter * central roles in communication * brightly clear descriptions * dramatic enunciation * confidently delivers instruction * articulation of radiant certainty * political messenger * talkative father-figures
* explainer of balanced arrangements * diplomatic conversations * parity-seeking discussions * manual adjustments * enjoys words * sweet descriptions * delivers instruction about relationships * articulator of equity in agreements * message of fairly bargained contracts * skilled in songwriting * talkative sister-cousin-cohort * detailed lyricist * attracts chatty partners
* thrillingly risky narrative * culturally mixed communication skills * ambitious descriptions * exotic instructions * desire to explain fascinating facts * message of exciting opportunities * chatty foreigners * documents the presence of outsiders * talkative interlopers
CAREER - BUDHa
Budha activates Jyeṣtha lagna
Broadcasting Budha activates 8-11 from Jyeṣtha lagna, and Budha activates 8-11 from Anuradha
Budha-Budha svabhukti through Budha-Surya
randhresha-8 Budha = secret sexuality in bhava-3= relatives. Rahu in this cluster gives destruction of culture boundaries. Budha yuti karmesha-10 Surya = attempts to use argument as a tool to maintain respectable reputation.
rogesha-6 Mangala + nichha Chandra = exploitation. Yes it is a wealth-producing Chandra-Mangala yoga but the emotional conditions of caretakers [Chandra] are aggressively [Kuja] exploitive as well.
Vriddhi-pati-11 Budha = earnings in bhava-3 = announcements, journalism, media programming.
Surya-yuti-Budha + Shukra-yuti-Rahu = exotic beauty through attractive bone structure with Shukra-yuti-Rahu + karmesha-10 Surya in bhava-3 . Ravi weakened in Makara a weak rashi. Yet like all the Makara graha in this kundali Surya is greatly benefitted by Professor Shani in the [uchcha], a career-strengthening 10th-angle from Surya.
Surya + Budha + Shukra = auspicious mix for speech and face as expressions of fortune . Rahu does good work in 3, 6, 10, and 11. Rahu makes this hyper-communicative messaging information-delivery cluster truly spectacular.
randhresha-8 Budha + Dharmesha-9 Chandra = hidden childbirth (9). Move to home of her father (9) age 14-15 = sudden, forced changes of material conditions and psychological identity (8).
Budha + vikrama-pati+ bandesha-4 [uchcha] Shani = education completed (bhratru-pati-3 = 12th from 4th; bandesha-4 in dissolving 12th; Shani = necessity to work)
move to new city Baltimore for work [Shani] in journalism industry (3)
uttama bhratru-pati-3 + bandesha-4 Shani = siblings, cohort, relatives and home people. Establishes a Life Friendship (vikrama-pati-3) with a female peer whose attitudes and traits resemble family.
dhava-karaka (husband) * bahuta-karaka (variety)
* optimistic about capitalization * big hoard * many voices * many collections * believes in history * doctrine of values fulfillment * permission for pleasure * financial guidance * many cattle * expands the scope of voice-speech-song * multiple treasuries
- Guru in bhava-7 * many contracts * optimistic negotiations *
much partnership * abundant agreement * numerous alliances * extensive bargaining * multiple trusts * expansion of advocacy * fertile match-making * typically more than one spouse * patron of legal arrangements * proliferation of promises * extensive bargaining * in a wifely nativity, husbandly-companion may be an attorney-counselor-broker
CAREER - GURU
Generous Guru activates 2-5 from Jyeṣtha lagna, and Guru activates 2-5 from Anuradha
Shukra * svadu-karaka (sweet) *
kalatra-karaka (wifely companion)
* appreciation of authoritative status * likes architectural structure
attracted to officials * conducts lawful negotiations * beautiful bones * enjoys social position
* class-conscious aesthetic * pleased by social regulation * hierarchical arrangements * prefers an orderly partner
- Shukra-3 * seeks pleasure via communications * talks about relationships * sweetens the administrative tasks * smooth style of messaging * enjoys commercial harmony * pleasant retinue * satisfied by literacy * balanced numeracy skills * prefers collaborative teamwork * aesthetically phrased announcements * appreciation of conversation * nice designs to adorn the ears * attractive shoulders * lovely arms * graceful hands * chatty sisters- aunts-neighbors * attuned to the cohort * likes musical groups * fair-and-balanced reporting * in a husbandly nativity, wifely-companion may be a manager-communicator-writer
* balanced roles in drama * appreciation for political display * pleasantly charming * self-focused diplomacy * radiant bright beauty * self-reflexive bargaining * sweet entitlements * negotiating father-figure * self-directed arrangements * focus on trade exchange * solipsistic romance * idealistic contracts * enjoys the game of deal-making * prefers self-confident partners
Shukra-yuti-Budha * sweetened messages * gracious explanations * talented in singing-songwriting * articulate negotiations * advocates for reasoning process * talkative feminine-figures * pleasant conversations * bargaining for business * sibling-cohort collaborative harmony * enjoys the company of students * detailed contracts * prefers logical arrangements
* sweetened adventure * gracious ambition * appreciation for opportunities * thrilling negotiations * passionate sensuality * over-reaching agreements * exceptional beauty * enjoys cultural mixing * barrier-bending relationships * unorthodox arrangements * diplomatic equity balances exhilarating chance * risk-rewarding contracts * unconventionally attractive * pleasantly mesmerizing appearance * prefers exciting partners
parivartamsha * Shani-12
CAREER - SHUKRa
exotic beauty through attractive bone structure with Shukra-yuti-Rahu
Shukra activates 7-12 from Jyeṣtha lagna +++ Shukra activates 7-12 from Anuradha
Shukra + dhanapati-2/vidya-pati-5 Guru =
Oprah's Book Club + vidya-pati-5 Guru = personal intelligence, self-education; Guru in Shukra's bhava-7 advising and counseling (book recommendations)
Guru = 4th-from-Shukra = role of educator-parent
Guru in bhava-7 = favorable settlement of criminal lawsuits. Oprah was sued by the Texas cattleman's association for defaming the health effects of eating infected beef. She was judged not guilty.
Vimshottari bhukti of Shukra, in the bhukti of any graha which occupies 4th-from-Shukra, may be difficult in matters of parent-security love vs. partner-equality love. It is a surprisingly challenging
bhukti for intimate partnership that creates temporary conditions of restless insecurity and discontent with existing contractual terms.
Shukra+ randhresha-8 /Vriddhi-pati-11 Budha =
Shani * duro-karaka (endurance) * jara-karaka (years)
- [Svatika] Shani-Tula [uchcha] * overburdened agreements * restricted leverage * mandatory bargaining * strict rules for
making agreements * structural compression upon kidney-pancreas
rigidly regulated match-making * must form socially approved partnerships * must honor the lowest-common-denominator in
deal-making * mandatory fairness * must normalize social justice * unyielding obligatory diplomacy * must advocate for equity * exchanges must be lawful * must continue conventional negotiations * scarce trading resources * maintainer of old bargains
Shani in Bhava-12 * slow
time-structured envisioning * burdensome duties in Other Worlds * limited privacy * public regulation of private environments * must work with foreigners *
socially invisible responsibilities * intimidating dreams * retreats from
invisible phantoms * resists clairsentient guidance * cautiously conventional
fantasies * fears imprisonment * regimented sanctuaries * lack of
spontaneity in the bedroom * chronic insomnia * dried flow of interior
inspiration * cold feet * psychic fatigue *
mandatory isolation * tightly regulated scientific research *
elders preserve the old enclosures
parivartamsha * Shukra-3
Stoic Shani activates 3-4 from Jyeṣtha lagna, and Shani activates 3-4 from Anuradha
After being birthed in the American South by a teenage unwed mother who soon left for the North, Winfrey's spent the first six years of life on the impoverished Mississippi farm of her maternal grandparents. Winfrey credits her grandmother's faith in
Oprah's ability for much of her adult self-confidence. That confidence allowed Winfrey to cross many barriers and accomplish her goals.
Maternal grandmother = 4th from Chandra = Kumbha bhava-4
ruled by Shani = home, basic education, emotional security. Professor Shani
operates in social invisible contexts when He resides in bhava-12.
Yet, in His [uchcha]-amsha where social justice and equitable terms of contract
remain His highest duty, Shani remains highly structured. Shani is
strictly lawful, and a bit imprisoning perhaps in Vyaya bhava.
As bandesha-4 in 10th from 4th,
Shani representing Grandmother is a highly stabilizing factor; Yet, also
Shani-12 indicates scarcity conditions, dark ignorance or superstition, and fear
of the invisible. Winfrey also describes a harsh and what would now be considered abusive level of punishment, along with severe poverty, in her early years.
Shani [uchcha] amza rules 3-4 indicating every variety of advertising (3), marketing, sales, and business communication skills. Some loss of formal education through strong focus on pragmatic work skills in the communications industry (3)
[uchcha] Shani in bhava-12 for extraordinary discipline and commitment to social justice in communications media (3) and personal security (4)
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka (ambition) * picchala-karaka (slippery)
- [Vaizva] Rahu-Makara-Draco
* shimmering illusion of dignity * craving for social status * mirage of legitimate authority * mask of hierarchy * over-reaching acts of institutional leadership *
fascinating ascent to respected position *
unorthodox methods of social ordering * extraordinary claims to statutory jurisdiction * extravagant elitism * thrilling seniority * seeks special importance via apparent (but perhaps not authentic) attributes of responsible governance * bossy pretense * seeks privilege via regulator-roles
- Rahu in bhava-3 * passion for communication *
in svabhava of Busy Budha, the Shadowy Specter = glamorous
writing * exotic photography
* unusual journalistic reporting * thrilling announcements * unorthodox
commentary * mesmerizing messaging * craves
publication * ambitious
sibling-cousins * mixed-culture collaborative teams * desire for
conversations * over-reaching commerce * exciting gestures * opportunistic approach to manufacturing
* entranced by information technology *
explanations * fascinating evangelism * seeks privilege via
Rahu-yuti-Surya * amplified ambition for center-stage roles * magnified confidence * passion for exotic display * trickster with dramatic flair * opportunistic father * creative pursuit of social mobility * fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance of exceptional intelligence * thrilling political genius * hypnotic charm * seeks privilege via bright celebrity * sparkling center of cross-cultural mixing
* amplified evangelism * magnified communications * thrilling messages * exotic information * tricky signals * opportunistic cohort * fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance of critically important details * hypnotic gestures * explanatory descriptions of cross-cultural mixing
* amplified attractions * magnified beauty * exotic taste
partners * opportunistic
feminine-figures * fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance
of luxurious pleasure * strange-and-wonderful designs *
relationships * barrier-bending brokerage * unusual
contracts * hypnotic arrangements * gracious balance of cross-cultural mixing * entrancing music
CAREER - RAHU
chalakaraka Rahu = self-elevating desire to be recognized and privileged as a writer or messenger,
missionary, envoy, apostle, who delivers important instructions and announcements.
Rahu in bhava-3 gives extraordinary desire for success in commerce, communications media May be a taboo-breaker in matters of communication and signaling.
Budha-Rahu bhukti= Miss Black Tennessee pageant, showcasing Winfrey's remarkable poise and beauty in the bright lights of center-stage (Rahu-Surya) position.
Rahu in bhava-3+ Shukra + karmesha-10 Surya visibility + Vriddhi-pati-11 Budha (gains and goals).
Intriguing, risk-taking, barrier-bending, taboo-twisting capability to leap high out of the station of birth [Rahu] via skill to manage media imagery (3)
Her exotic/drama personality and speech skills attract radio news work,
Massive charitable (12) investment in a comprehensive residential school for orphaned So African girls. Both Surya and Rahu are governed by [uchcha] Shani (vikrama-pati-3-bandesha-4 = education ) in Vyaya bhava (distant lands)
Rahu = risky ventures, exciting leaps over conventional limitations, foreign influences
Rahu in bhava-3 = skills training, literacy (3), cohort
Rahu gives effect of the hugely profitable and achievement-oriented [uchcha] Shani in bhava-11 for global networks
Ketu * * kavandha-karaka (headless) * chidra-karaka (gaping) * vasana-karaka (vacuum)
lagnesha * co-ruler of
Vṛścika indriya- lagna
* calmly dissociates from foundational habits * surrenders material security * placidly empty shelters * disregards conventional caretaking * not limited by customary routines * ignores restriction on farming-and-fishing * abandons owned property * forgives the ancestors * releases a soothing pink cloud of ancient rhythms into the misty abyss
- Ketu in
classroom-9 * disinterested in credenda * wandering worldview * disengaged from faith doctrine * disregards theory * liberating philosophy * irrelevance of patriarchal dogma *
ambivalence toward conventional convictions * spacey father * weird beliefs * ignores the ordinary understandings * incoherent ideology * unless other graha in 9, may prefer to live free from father-figures
CAREER - KETU
chidrakaraka Ketu = self-deprecating ambivalence toward patriarchal religion.
Disregards orthodox piety. Generally
neutral toward guru-father-priest figures. Witness Viewpoint gives cosmological neutrality in religious philosophy.
Ketu-bhukti evoke wandering, weak boundaries , and disconnected uncertainty
drishti from Rahu, Shukra, Budha, Surya and Shani
Ketu = usually a scattering force. In a rare instance for Winfrey's nativity, Ketu gets motivation to get public visibility from Surya, energy and articulation to communication from Budha, beauty and relationship concerns from Shukra, and personal discipline with a powerful work ethic from the professionalizing 10th drishti of structuring [uchcha] amza Shani.
The prognosis for father, which would normally be
challenging due to Ketu-9 while Dharmesha-9 Chandra occupies
Jyestha-Kita , improves a great deal because of all this supporting, enlivening drishti upon the chidrakaraka.
Ketu + bhukti of
vikrama-pati-3-bandesha-4 [uchcha] Shani= move (vikrama-pati-3, 12th from 4th = loss of roots) to Chicago television journalism job (3)
During the hard-working and disciplined Shani bhukti, Winfrey produces an almost immediate ratings improvement for the failing TV talk-show into which she was hired. She begins to receive market share from the competition.
/Vriddhi-pati-11 Budha bhukti = meets and exceeds projected performance goals. The confessional style of self-revealing secrets (8), public discussion of personal trauma especially sexual invasion (8) and the psychological healing goals of this intensely penetrating style of self-disclosure become the trademarks of Winfrey's forthcoming spectacular success.