* Citthirai * Vismakarma * Azinech * Alaraph * Arista
births of a masculine valence, the condition of pioneering, direct, yang-energy,
Mangala may considerably affect the outcome.
Brother-figures, warriors, hunters, athletes, dancers, champions,
challengers, inventors, explorers, dis-coverers, engineers, builders, drivers, drillers,
diggers, exploders, aggressors, pursuers, competitions and battles may be especially influential.
Guided by instructors from
Spica. Their purpose is architectural engineering
and crafting of beautiful, functional, and artistic alliances, arrangements, and designs.
Architectural Mechanical Designs * Arrangements
fellows have a knack for competition. Goal-oriented and kinetic in building, patterning Tvastri, they strive for dominant
power in engineering, artisan mechanics, architecture, and
applied design arts such as skilled handcraft. Tvastri-born
have a natural affinity for tools, engines, driving, building.
Kanya pada 1-2 express Kuja's rulership of 3-writing + 8-mystical
transformations, while also displaying the frustrating tension of chatty
Budha versus active Kuja. Literary Budha plays a stronger role for pada
1-2, producing scholars and
writers who argue about architectonics, engineering design,
color values, and mechanics. Pada 1-2 = also skilled in handcraft
and may be professors-cum-tradesmen, fine-arts painters, model-builders,
or practicing musicians.
Thula-Vanika pada 3-4 express Kuja's rulership of 2-collections, assets +
7-contractual equity. Zukra's bargaining behavior
and financial skills play a stronger role for pada 3-4, who enjoy
the mutual attractions of Zukra-Mangala. In music, arts, and
they pursue harmonious arrangements. They often
play stringed instruments, and write beautiful songs. They are often
found in the design world, in financial negotiations,
and in dynamic meditator roles.
Themes of productive touch including artistic
design, mechanical engineering, and crafting of dynamic
arrangements may contextualize Vismakarma's
terrestrial experience. Applies also to Chandra in Chitra.
QUOTATION from Shil-Ponde. (1939).Hindu Astrology Joytisha-Shastra. p 84
"Chitra natives are quiet, thoughtful, and profound.
Very slow in movement and of great dignity in bearing and manner.
they make good students in their youth.
they are also extremely clever with their hands,
they like to do things or fashion things with their hands
Distinctive features of the nativity
pitrikaraka * Jyotikaraka
- Surya-Kanya * Poshanya * Pushna * the nourisher
- Surya in bhava-1
* center of identity, bright embodiment,
intelligence for competition, focus on appearance, athletic
entitlements * father-figure plays self-directed, champion roles * eye on personality *sparkling center of the vitality-drama
* confidently progressive * bright warrior * moves in alignment with the spiritual rays of the Sun * creatively intelligent brother-figures * self-reflexive political pursuits * champion of brilliant ideals * competitive father-figure * entitled to conquer and win * radiantly pioneering
* confidently conversational * bright messenger * entitled to discuss * creatively intelligent sibling-cohort * discursive father-figure * speaks and gestures in alignment with the spiritual rays of the Sun * radiantly descriptive * articulate in drama and games * self-confident announcements * talks about ideals, power-politics, poetic love, and romance
* confidently expansive in drama and games * permissive father-figure bright self-referential teachers * charitably manifests the spiritual rays of the Sun * creatively intelligent approach to doctrine * entitled to philosophize * radiantly generous
Chandra-Simha * comforted by rhythmic creative display
Chandra in Uttaraphalguni * pada-1
* comforted by dramatic centrality * protectors of celebrity entitlement * soothed by political theatre * needs glittering creativity
- Chandra in
classroom-12 * comfort in dreams * familiar with ancestor guidance * routine withdrawal from public life * accustomed to private prayer * settled into the rhythm of secluded enclosures * acculturated to Other Worlds * needs to feel the repeating pulse of imaginative inspiration * soothed by intuitive understanding * anchored into sanctuary environments * undulating sleep
- Somana-yuti-Zukra * Emotionally indulgent * comforted by balanced arrangements * nourished by luxurious pleasures * sensitive to sisterly figures * needs to negotiate * seeks shelter in alliances* preference for owned properties * soothed by beauty * feels like a partner
Faulkner's mother lived until WF was 63 years old. WF died the
following year, when he was 64.
MARRIAGE emotional support partnership expectations
bhratru-karaka * virya-karaka
* vigorous pursuit of logical argumentation * proactive medication * thrust toward service * push toward unfairness * champion of litigious accusation, medical treatment plans, aggressive indictments, investigative journalism
- Mangala in bhava-1
* A fighter * a winner * a champion* drive toward embodied performance vitality * pursuit of competition * direct physical action * thrusting vigor * dominating personality * potentially a bully. Can dig * drill * dive * excavate * plumb * explode * explore (both physically and psychologically) dynamic innovator * lively push toward fast driving+ speedy transport * energized muscular conquests * athletic body.
* active creativity * high-energy confidence * dynamic genius * championship force joins willful charm * potential for aggressive politics * brilliant competitions * self-promoting * vigorous theatrical displays , potential for aggressive political or dramatic
* communicative competitions * energized signaling * dynamic reporting * clipped speech patterns * abrupt announcements * masculine messaging patterns * pushes toward direct
commands * potential for aggressive gestures
* incisive speech * forceful
* multiple competitions, many brother-figures, energized growth, dynamic generosity, masculine force joins optimistic expansion, champion of humanistic worldview, potential for aggressive preaching, indoctrinating actions
Budha * bandhava-karaka * zisya-karaka
Bhadra Yoga *
- Budha-Kanya *
* ministering service communications * articulation of digestive process * talks about service* formulates descriptive complaints * programmatic conversations * delivers detailed pronouncements * grammatical expertise * logical arguments * messages about accuracy * specifies error * hands-arms-shoulders make helping gestures
- Budha in bhava-1 *
digbala * narrative of body, bifurcated self-image, discusses physical appearance, describer of embodiment, explainer of tangible self, delivers instructions for self-characterization, articulation of communicative movement, animated gestures, talks about personality, details the two-sided identity
* explainer of dramatic intelligence * affinity for central roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction * explainer of dramatic intelligence * affinity for central roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction * articulation of radiant authority * message of willpower and charisma * confidently talkative father
* explainer of competitive energies * affinity for engineering, invasive, exploratory roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction *articulator of competitive energies, signals forward action, message of innovation and forward movement, outspoken, fraternal conversations, aggressive communications, talkative brother-figures
* explainer of doctrinal belief * affinity for preaching, professorial, theory-developing roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction * articulation of charitable generosity, message of optimism and expansion, talkative teacher
WF = acknowledged by literary scholars as
a genius of written conversation
WF taught college classes for several years.
dhavakaraka * bahuta-karaka
* much ministry of service, many servants + employees, much labor, many argumentations, much medication,
exploitable beliefs, doctrine of humility
- Guru in bhava-1 *
* much vitality * jolly personality * generous disposition *
numerous identities * much jovial competition * many cheerful
sporting activities * believes in direct action * expansive aura *
extra height-or-girth * embodiment of jovial cheer * a patron of
pitri-karaka * multiple father-figures * abundant confidence * much radiance * believes in light * widens the scope of theatrical display * permission to be the center of attention * humanistic political philosophy * large-scale dramatic radiance
bhratri-karaka * multiple brother-figures * expansive conquests
* much humanistic progressive-invasive philosophy * large-scale competitions
* vigorous champion of doctrine and belief
yukta-karaka * multiple sibling-teammate figures * permission to deliver information * abundant conversational messaging * believes in detailed communications *
expansive dialog * many announcements * wide scope of evangelism * talks about philosophy * optimistic viewpoint in discussions
As always for Kanya nativities, Brihaspati incurs
Zukra * svadhu-karaka *
* appreciation of royal confidence, likes
admiration and applause, attracted to creative performers, pleasures
of radiant central roles, attracted to celebrity, enjoys intellectual display, brightly theatrical arrangements
- Zukra-12 *
pleasure of imagination * enjoys spiritually guided partnership *,
intuitive feminine-figures* agreeable sleep * visions of
harmony and beauty
* aesthetic designs to adorn the feet * appreciation of distant lands * seeks interior balance
* sweetened security * gracious caretaking * appreciation for nourishing protection * emotionalized negotiations * sheltering arrangements * soft caretaking beauty * sheltering arrangements * balanced caretaking * soothed by beauty * pleasant emotional response * enjoys local rhythms * arrangements according to the folkways * musical mother-figure * protective contracts
In addition to his marriage, Faulkner enjoyed a number of well-known extramarital affairs with women whom he met in context of script writing and publishing.
He and his wife both suffered from alcoholic addiction.
According to Wikipedia, his paramours included young female writers, a film script-supervisor whom he met while scriptwriting, a journalist whom he met when she interviewed him for a magazine (the affair continued for a dozen years), and a noted editor-author.
Shani * duro-karaka * jara-karaka
- Shani-Vrizchika * heavy old secrets
* obliged to uncover the camouflaged realities of mass transformation
* pressured to regulate the flow of occult identity changes *
must explore masked trauma *
vital energy compression stress zone = genitals-anus * strictly
imposed rules for confidential matters must be respected * must
materialize dangerous hidden knowledge * must regulate the threat
of disaster * at times, penetration of the mysteries requires great effort
* * must work with tightly regulated conditions of emergency *
must accept the conventional methods of rigidly
slow elder shamans * sustained conditions of proletarian revolution
* must engage in continued discovery despite scarce available resources
- Shani in Bhava-3
* Structured, orderly, time-conscious cohort. May prevent younger
siblings. One must message, have to explain; cautious, conventional teamwork. Tense
dialogue, communicative fatigue, chronic
sadness or materialistic mentality; heavy legacy pressure against
free communications, Tendency toward mental depression due to old, repeating
thoughts. Limited hearing, deafness.
Resistance to new projects and direct manipulation. Resentment toward changes of
schedule. Support for socially-approved dutiful roles as sibling, manager,
writer, editor, reporter, interpreter, or planner.
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka * picchala-karaka (slippery)
Reverse-Amrita Kala Sarpa
* shimmering illusion of dignity * craving for social status *mirage of elite identity * mask of hierarchy * illusion of privileged social position * over-reaching institutional leadership * fascinating regulatory roles * unusual claims to superior class or hierarchical rank * extraordinary status-markers * seeks special importance via apparent (but perhaps not authentic) attributes of orderly leadership
- Rahu in bhava-5 * passion for politics, celebrity, games *
in swabhava of Splendid Surya, the Shadowy Specter seeks privilege via
glamorous or unusual children; out-of-bounds creativity, and amplified
Risk-rewarding Rahu generates a charismatic individuality, center-of-attention
displays of creative genius. Desires a special, important role in performance arts, literary arts,
entertainments, royalty roles, pageantry, celebrity events, or
dramatic splendor. Exciting, opportunistic, ambitious children and lovers.
Rahu the Poseur may wear the persona (mask) of a dramatic actor, a
celebrated intellectual, or a
politician. Craves the center stage,
the lights, the glory. Rahu-5 seeks flamboyant fashion, exceptional children,
and the thrill
of political theatre.
Ketu * kavandha-karaka * chidra-karaka
Reverse Amrita Padama (Padmaka)
Kala Sarpa Yoga
starting from Ketu
*dissociates from protective boundaries * surrenders material security * empty shelters * disregards conventions of caretaking * not limited by customary routines * ignores restriction on farming * releases hold on real-estate * forgiveness of ancestors * applies ancient foundational protections to the misty abyss
- Ketu in
classroom-11 * absentee friends, disregards community * no barriers in community,
absent from network, vacuous associations,
irrelevance of the material goals, ambivalence toward economic