births of a
masculine valence, the condition of radiant, romantic, intelligent, creative, idealistic, central, confident, gaming, self-reflexive, pitrikaraka
Surya may considerably affect the outcome.
For those born into the Surya-ruled paradigm of Iswara,
politicians, celebrity, royalty, entitled
roles, brilliant dramatists, radiant deities, sparkling
genius, glittering creativity, intelligentsia, speculators, poets, romantic lovers, gamblers, and game-players may be especially influential.
Instructional guidance is provided by emissaries from the civilizations of Nunki.
Their purpose is to express the radiant clear light of truth
in an orderly, institutional framework.
Dhanuzya Pada-1 can show Brihaspati's rulership of 1-embodiment +
4-cultural foundations. Nakshatrapathi Suyra and Guru enjoy high-compatibility yang
Pada-1 tends to be paternalistic,
politically savvy, self-referential to the point of self-righteousness, and generous of spirit. Iconic and inspirational teachers of the patriarchal
lineages are found here.
Often found in the role of philosopher, professor,
or guru-figure. Assess the role of Brihaspati to determine the degree of optimism and alignment with the prevailing doctrine.
Makara-pada 2-3-4 express the tension between structural Shani and
solipsistic Surya. From the Makara lagna, nakshatrapathi Surya becomes the revelatory, illuminating randhresha. Thus
pada 2-3-4 are mystical and gender-neutral
(Shani). Pada 2-3-4 demonstrate respect for age and orderly governance. Yet their purpose
is visionary (Surya). Psychics and seers are found here. Depending on the
vigor of Shani, hierarchical institutions may come to surround their initiatory teachings.. Their emotional stability
in partnership arises from Chandra = yuvathipathi.
Themes of clairsentient vision, personal certainty, and
prophecy may contextualize Ishwara's terrestrial experience.
Also applies to
Chandra in Uttara-azadha.
QUOTATION from Shil-Ponde. (1939).
Hindu Astrology Joytisha-Shastra. p 87
"a very good, honest, and sincere character...
A peace loving disposition.
Eager to live and let live.
A good counselor in times of need or trouble.
Such a person makes a good and steady friend,
whose friendship is to be valued because it will stand the tests of time and adversity."
Distinctive Features of the Nativity
pitrikaraka * jyotikaraka
- Surya-Mithunaya *
* neighbor, companion
- Surya in bhava-6
* center of sparkling
brightly conflicted * focus on imbalance * eye on exploitation * charming
social worker * poverty
entitlements * shines light into broken contracts
* confident litigation * self-righteous accusations * politics of pollution * intelligence
for medicine * smart crimes * dramatizes suffering * gambles with
addictions * central roles in war * bright center of war *
father may serve in medicine-military-ministry * or father may be sick-addicted-poor
* confidently harmonious * brightly creative bargainer * artistic father-figure * uniquely intelligent feminine-figures * entitled to pleasures * aesthetic expressions align with the spiritual rays of the Sun * financial politics * radiantly diplomatic * self-reflexively attractive
matrikaraka * garha-karaka
Chandra-Meena * comforted by rhythmic ancestral guidance
- Chandra in Purvabhadrapada
pada 1-2-3 * comforted by expansive understanding * protectors of philosophical caretaking * soothed by charitable parenting needs to provide shelter for teachers * preaches a broad perspective on human needs
- Chandra in
classroom-3 * comfort in cohort * familiar with
communication * calming repetitive announcements * needs to feel the tidal
pulse of daily chat * sheltered in the parlor * soothed by younger siblings
* intuitive information delivery *
settled into the habits of writing
and commerce * accustomed to routine messaging; emotionally attuned to the rhythms of
conversation * undulating signals * ethno-cultural gestures
bhratru-karaka * virya-karaka
* Ruchaka Yoga
- Mangala-Maraka-Draco *
* vigorous competition for elite authority * warrior for social position * proactive regulation * push toward lawful structure
* pursues executive roles * dominating energy in institutional
governance * conquest of social summit * champion of hierarchical systems
- Mangala in bhava-1
* A fighter * a winner * a champion* drive toward embodied performance vitality * pursuit of competition * direct physical action * thrusting vigor * dominating personality * potentially a bully. Can dig * drill * dive * excavate * plumb * explode * explore (both physically and psychologically) dynamic innovator * lively push toward fast driving+ speedy transport * energized muscular conquests * athletic body.
Budha * bandhava-karaka * zisya-karaka
* comfortable communications * talks about security * sensitive hands + arms + shoulders * makes protective gestures
* rhythmic articulation of root culture * discusses nationality + ethnicity * writes about routine behaviors * argues for foundational stability * describes walls + moats + fencing + policing * defensive posture in discourse * converses
with parental personalities * environmental wardens * issues
habitual and customary pronouncements * delivers messages about
sustainable settlements * familiar topics include shielding + sustenance + nourishment
- Budha in bhava-7 * narrative of relationships, contracts, deals * discusses relationships, trusts, betrothal, contracts, describer of deal-making, delivers instructions for negotiation, explainer of arrangements, talks about fairness, justice, settlement of quarrels, marriage, alliances, partnership, equity, parity, balance. Excellent placement for mediator, negotiator, bargainer, attorney.
dhavakaraka * bahuta-karaka
* much sleep * theoretical understanding * broad inner guidance * many imaginings * many dreams * intuitive beliefs * doctrine of esoteric understandings * expands the scope of contemplative awareness * multiple prayers * diverse visions
- Guru in bhava-3 * many messages * extensive commerce * many photographs * numerous publications * diverse collaborators * multiple transactions * many tours * frequent business trips * many sales * numerous discussions * much detailed interaction * extensive planning operations * variety of ensemble performances * evangelistic growth * so many meetings * patron of communications technologies * in a wifely nativity, husband-figure may be a businessman-writer , extensive communications
matri-karaka * multiple mother-figures *permission to do what feels good (not always beneficial, see Chandra's nakshatra) * much expansion of folkways * much humanistic cultural philosophy * many gardens * broad scope of sheltering settlements * generous nourishment * believes in defending the old ways of life * usually rather stout
Zukra * svadhu-karaka *
Yogakaraka Zukra rules
5-creativity, intelligence, games ++ 10-leadership, social respect,
* appreciation of detail * beautiful accessories * attracted to writers * likes businesspeople * balanced gestures * diplomatic communications * aesthetic of handiwork * pleasures of specific explanations * enjoys correspondence * satisfied by conversation * articulated messaging arrangements
* seeks pleasure via self-medication; enjoys exploitive arrangements,
feminine employees, attracted to servants, and slaves; appreciation of enemies, toxicity from sugars, aesthetic of slavery, unfair contracts, relationship injustice, criminal bargains, adjustability in times of poverty and war
* balanced roles in drama * appreciation for political display * theatrical negotiations * self-focused diplomacy * radiant bright beauty * self-reflexive bargaining * sweetly confident entitlements * enjoys games * negotiating father-figure * intelligent arrangements * focus on trades * self-directed romance * idealistic contracts * match-making according to father's choice or self-will
alcoholism, managed condition
suffered from gout
Shani * duro-karaka * jara-karaka
- Shani-Meza *
* heavy old blood-feuds * brain cramp, blocked blood-flow, muscle seizure * limits on innovation
* must bear the weight of old aggressions * social limitations on individual championship * social restrictions on expression of new ideas * obliged to conform to the dominating
winners * pressure to launch dry explosives * attacked by proletarian weaponry * must endure race-fighting
materialize orderly competition for survival energies * must endure
exhausting contests * insufficient initiative for pioneering
invasions * at times, survival requires great effort * vital energy compression stress zone = head-brain
* strictly imposed consequences of conquest * must continue to sustain forward movement despite
scarce available resources
- Shani in Bhava-4
* Structured, orderly, time-conscious childhood foundations. One must remain in place, have to root, defend, reinforce the existing shelter. Cautious, conventional mother-figures. Tense childhood, educational fatigue, chronic household scarcity; strict boundaries; heavy legacy pressure to reinforce customary cultural boundaries. Resistance to new homes and active construction. Resentment toward changes in predictable routine. Support for socially-approved dutiful roles as parent, schoolteacher, police, border defense, fisher, farmer, ritual worship, temple maintenance, guardian of local infrastructure.
Shani-yuti-Ketu * resistance against dispersion * distancing
style of social conformity * pragmatic
dissociation * limited surrender * lawful abandonment * spiritual paralysis *
disinterested in outdated protocols * disciplined apathy *constrained wandering
* regulated dissolution
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka * picchala-karaka
- Rahu-Thula-Vanika *
* craving for trade * mask of fairly bargained contracts * over-reaching arrangements * marvelous deals * exciting mixed-culture partnerships * mirage of deal-making * extraordinary term of agreement * fascinating alliances * ambitious diplomacy * seeks special importance via apparent (but perhaps not authentic) attributes of negotiation, advocacy, counseling, adviser-roles
Rahu in bhava-10 * passion for leadership power *
in swabhava of Sober Shani, the Shadowy Specter seeks
privilege via glamorous or unusual iconic, symbolic, representational, government,
executive authority, social status.
Rahu-10 desires an important regulating role in materially privileged, socially visible
ranks. Exciting, potentially fraudulent, opportunistic character of the leaders, bosses and government officials. Thrives
in culturally-mixed legislative, executive settings. Rahu the Poseur may
pose as a boss, an authority-figure, a decision-maker, a legislator, a
tyrant. Rahu-10 trespasses the cultural boundaries
of governance authority, social dignity. Thrilling hunger for
high-recognition, empowered reputation, respect. Ambition
of the father's family
Ketu kavandha-karaka * chidra-karaka * vasana-karaka (vacuum)
* vasana-karaka (vacuum)
- Ketu-Meza * Azvini
* physically dissociates from competitive dominance * incomplete nobility * eccentric innovations * dissolute conquest * not limited by blood or birth * ignores restrictions on kinetic movement * releases a blood-red cloud of dynamic energy into the misty abyss
- Ketu in
classroom-4* ambivalent toward the cultural foundations * absentee mother-figure * disregards local customs * dissolved property boundaries * wanders from the ancestral home * ignores conventional schooling * irrelevance of habitual folkways * surrenders nationality * dismisses the parents * abandons the established routines * may prefer to live without fixed roots
* surrendered conformity, empty structures, disconnected elders,
unsustainable rules, abandoned achievements, eccentric profession,
chronological disorientation. irregular order, apathetic boss,
fragmented materialism, incoherent legislation, social disregard, dissolution
of normal conventions, absence of survival fear. Spiritual liberation
via release of public approval.