Writing and Publishing
Science and Philosophy
16 months before
born 10 months before
"He chose to be rich by making his wants few, and supplying them himself. In his travels, he used the railroad only to get over so much country as was unimportant to the present purpose, walking hundreds of miles, avoiding taverns, buying a lodging in farmers' and fishermen's houses, as cheaper, and more agreeable to him, and because there he could better find the men and the information he wanted.
There was somewhat military in his nature not to be subdued, always manly and able, but rarely tender, as if he did not feel himself except in opposition. He wanted a fallacy to expose, a blunder to pillory, I may say required a little sense of victory, a roll of the drum, to call his powers into full exercise."
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson's eulogy Thoreau in The Atlantic Monthly (August 1862)
author of Walden Pond
operated his family's pencil factory
Henry David Thoreau
Earthbody-Entry Saturday 12-Jul-1817
Earthbody-Exit 06-May-1862 (age 44)
Purvabhadra births of a masculine valence, the condition of prosperous, preaching, inclusive, broad-scope, philosophical, humanistic
may considerably affect the outcome.
Masculine births under auspice of
Purvabhadra may find that their worldview is greatly shaped by the
character of priestly teachers and guides.
Teachers, preachers, professors, patrons, agents of generosity and guidance, guru-figures, ideologues, indoctrinators, theorists, know-it-alls, proselytes, philosophers, pontificators, patriarchs, pundits, pater-nosters, proponents of principled
understanding, wise-ones, wizards, druids, and
paradigms of belief may be especially influential.
Instructional guidance is provided by emissaries from the civilizations of Pegasus. Their purpose
is expansion of prosperity= proshtha.
High forehead. The majority of Purvabhadra nativities are wanderers.
Universalist perspective. The majority of Purvabhadra
are higher dimensional Seva-wanderers who assume guidance roles.
Those born into the paradigm of
Aja-eka-pada are often excellent dancers who
bring understanding of growth patterns via Posture and Dance .
pada 1-2-3 expresses Guru's rulership of 2-collections, affluence ++
11-revenues, friendships. Guru-and-Shani are mutually neutral. Pada 1-2-3
births are found in the overlap between Guru's financial-social expansions
(2-11) and Shani's ability to bridge the physical-astral worlds (1-12). Pada
often involved in large-scale social economic networks which have both a
public identity and an invisible private reality, such as international finance or
government-corporate aid groups. They can also be social scientific
theorists and writers on topics of large-scale social behavior.
pada-4 expresses Guru's rulership of 1-embodiment ++ 10-leadership,
reputation. Brihaspati rules both Purvabhadra nakshatra ++ Meena rashi, creating a
concentrated effect of expansive Saptarishi growth patterns. Pada-4 is less
concerned with financial affluence and more attuned to
visionary truth. Pada-4 may become leaders in wisdom fields such
as divinity, philosophy, spiritual healing, clairsentient understanding,
envisioning practices, or ancestor guidance.
Themes of broad scope, theoretical
understanding, and visionary imagination may
contextualize Ajaekapada's terrestrial experience Applies also to Chandra in Purvabhadrapada
QUOTATION from: Shil-Ponde.(1939). Hindu Astrology Joytisha-Shastra . p 88
"... high-strung and nervous in temperament .
They are not very strong constitutionally.
They are rather
grave and serious in demeanor
they belong to the Mental Group and are by no means orthodox ,
Thoreau in 1861 (age 43)
Distinctive features of the Nativity
drawing made from the 1861 photograph
- Surya-Mithunaya * Mithra
- Surya in bhava-4
* center of root routines * patriarchal folkways * intelligence for schooling * focus on farming * smart gardens * intelligence for transportation * ethnic entitlements * political parenting * brightly stabilizing confidence * attention on foundational infrastructure * eye on homeland basis * sparkling center of the patriotic-drama * father may be a schoolteacher-landowner-patriot
* confidently sensitive * bright comforter * entitled to express
* radiantly rhythmic * creatively intelligent mother * emotional father-figure
sensitive to the spiritual rays of the Sun * parents = politically +
* confidently conversational * bright messenger * entitled to discuss * creatively intelligent sibling-cohort * discursive father-figure * gestures conduct the spiritual rays of the Sun * radiantly descriptive * articulate in drama * smart game-player * self-confident announcements * talks about ideals * narrative of power-politics * recites love poems * describes divine romance
matrikaraka * garha-karaka
comforted by rhythmic signal messaging
- Chandra in Arudra *
comforted by exciting signals * protectors of stormy wildness, sensitive to animal instincts, undulating entrancement, sensitive swaying seduction
classroom-4 * digbala
* comfort in familiar routines * calmed by caretaking * seeks continuous oscillating motion * sensitive to ethnic folkways * contented by recurrent rituals * soothed by customary habits * tranquilized by rhythmic waves * needs pulsation * nurtured by gardening * follows local pathways * feels rooted into the land * settled into home-keeping * undulating patriotism
* Emotionally entitled * sensitive to charismatic figures * sentimentally attached to the father
* needs sparkling centrality * comforted by confidence * undulating intelligence
* soothed by attention * calmed by applause * feels like royalty
- Somana-yuti-Budha * Emotionally communicative
* sensitive to sibling figures * sheltered by workmates * calmed by a
chatty cohort * needs to evangelize * makes empathetic gestures * soothed by conversation * feels like a messenger
bhratru-karaka * virya-karaka
- Mangala-Meza *
moolatrikona 0-18 deg.
* Swakshetra * vigorous pursuit of dominance * straightforward dynamic actions *
competitive winner * propulsive battering weaponry * push toward conquest *
pioneering vitality * hot yang-energy * thrusting force *
* champion of innovation
- Mangala in
Mangala receives the exact drishti of Shani at 14 degrees
Budha * bandhava-karaka * zisya-karaka
* * business communications * articulation of specific instructions * informative pronouncements * messages about commerce * hands-on management * signaling explanatory information * detailed diagrams * talks about publication * interpretative interactions* commercial translation * hands-arms-shoulders send descriptive gestures
- Budha in bhava-4
* narrative of parents, homeland, roots, routine, ritual * discusses
the mother-figure, parenting, comfort, security, defense , describer
of sheltering protection, fences, boundaries,
policing, guardianship, familiarity,
explainer of homeland customs, delivers instructions for anchoring, patriotic
slogans, talks about farms, fishing, nourishment, transportation, vehicles,
schooling, foundations, folkways, customary rhythms, seasons
* amusing explanations * central roles in communication * bright, clear descriptions * confidently delivers instruction * articulation of radiant authority * political messenger * talkative father-figures
* explainer of feelings * mentalized caretaking * communicative parenting * familiar rhythmic phrasing * ancestral instruction * excellent combination for speech-writers + song-writers * needs to schedule + plan * repeats the comfortable routines * sensitive siblings * intuitively talkative mother
dhavakaraka * bahuta-karaka
- Guru-Vrizchika * much mystery
* many sudden discoveries * believes in healing * many masks * hidden doctrine
* transformative guidance * expands the scope of secret undertakings * multiple initiations
- Guru in bhava-9
* karako bhavo nashto
* swabhava * tolerance for diverse doctrines * multiple beliefs * much much sermonizing * broad humanistic understanding * sanctimonious father * multiple father-guru-professor figures * extensive worldview * patron of philosophical perspectives * in a wifely nativity, husband-figure may be an ideologue or spiritual guide
* multiple options for severance * broad permission to abandon unsustainable connections * diverse wanderings * many occasions of surrender * philosophy of impermanence * large-size vacuums * many holy pilgrimages
bhava-9 receives the social-systems drishti of Shani-Kumbha-12
lagnesha = Guru in bhava-9 * karako bhavo nashto
(overbearing or all-knowing father) * multiple ideology, philosophy, theories of reality
lagnesha Guru-9 Vrischika is philosophically driven
9-ideology, paradigm of belief, credenda * Walden 1817-1862 abolition Henry David Thoreau was a vigorous anti-slavery
preacher, writer, and activist during the 1830's-1850's antebellum abolition movement in the USA.
Zukra * svadhu-karaka *
- Zukra-Urisha * swakshetra *
appreciation of valuable arrangements * likes capitalization * attracted to fruits of
the forests and fields * pleasures of collections * acquisitive
sensuality * enjoys preservation and accrual * aesthetic of sounds * historic
restorations * prefers containment of precious goods
- Zukra in bhava-3
* sweetened adventure * gracious ambition * appreciation for exciting opportunism
* masked negotiations * over-reaching agreements * exceptional beauty
* enjoys cultural mixing * barrier-bending, culturally unusual arrangements
* diplomatic equity balanced with exhilarating risk
* risk-rewarding contracts * typically an unconventionally attractive yet mesmerizing appearance
Zukra-3 rules 2 + 9. In addition to his writings and environmentalist
tours, Thoreau and his father also ran a profitable commercial business
(3) manufacturing graphite pencils (3 factory).
Ruler of 8 residing in 8th-from-8th yuti Rahu is an exceptionally
Shani * duro-karaka * jara-karaka
- Shani-Kumbha *
mulatrikona * heavy old economic systems, obliged to conform to the marketplace
rules, pressure to maintain social linkage,
vital energy compression stress zone = skin-nerves, strictly imposed
regulations for electro-magnetic networking, limitations on earnings distribution,
must materialize past-to-future gridwork, must
sustain lowest-common-denominator proletarian communities, rigidly
slow elder friends and mentors, must continue to achieve
social-material goals despite scarce available resources
Shani in Bhava-12 *
Structured, orderly, time-conscious sleep state. One must retreat in
fear from the guidance of dreams and visions. Cautious, conventional
fantasies; imposed invisibility; tense
imagination, limited sleep, chronic resistance to interior wisdom; heavy
legacy pressure against free channeling of clairsentient wisdom.
Resistance to new prayers. Resentment toward changes in meditation
practice. Intolerance toward unconventional foreigners. Support for
socially-approved, rigidly dutiful roles as researcher,
incarcerator, bedbound invalid, sanctuary maintainer, hotel worker.
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka * picchala-karaka (slippery)
- Rahu-Urisha *
* shimmering illusion of storage * craving for preserved collections * unusual
banking practices * over-reaching acquisitions * preposterous accumulations *
mesmerizing treasure-hoards * fabulous inventories * exotic food stores,
ship-holds, and warehouses * mask of historic conservatism * intriguing acts of
barreling, cooperage, and containment * tantalizing libraries * marvelous hoards of valuables * seeks
special importance via apparent (but perhaps not authentic) attributes of
accrued wealth, lineage knowledge, speech and song, evaluation * seeks privilege via
- Rahu in bhava-3 * passion for communication *
in swabhava of Busy Budha, the Shadowy Specter = glamorous
writing * exotic photography
* unusual journalistic reporting * thrilling announcements * unorthodox
commentary * mesmerizing messaging * craves
publication * ambitious
sibling-cousins * mixed-culture collaborative teams * desire for
commercial business * exciting gestures * opportunistic approach to manufacturing
* entranced by information technology *
explanations * fascinating evangelism * seeks privilege via
* amplified attractions * magnified beauty * exotic art-music-architecture * tricky partners * opportunistic feminine-figures * fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance of luxurious pleasure * strange-and-wonderful designs * thrilling relationships * barrier-bending style of deal-making * unusual contracts * hypnotic arrangements * gracious balance of cross-cultural mixing
treasuries of uttama-Rahu-3 = 8th-from-8th inheritance * Thoreau inherited his father's pencil
making machines and factory building.
Evangelical Rahu-3 passion for
writing, announcing, declaring, messaging
Walden 1817-1862 abolition Henry David Thoreau spent most of his adult life speaking and writing to the public on abolition of slavery. His dedication to the moral and legal task of ending slavery in the United States eventually produced firm national anti-slavery laws,
after his death from lung disease (grief).
Ketu kavandha-karaka * chidra-karaka * vasana-karaka (vacuum)
- Ketu-Vrizchika * uttama * detached Witness to hidden empowerments * weird discoveries * empty secrets * eccentric identity changes * dissolute penetrations * fearless toward catastrophic change * disregards terror * ignores restriction on initiations * uncertain rebirth * releases a red-black cloud of exploratory initiatives into the misty abyss
- Ketu in
classroom-9 * disinterested in credenda * wandering worldview * disengaged from doctrine * disregards theory * vacuous philosophy * irrelevance of the catechesis * ambivalence toward principled convictions * surrenders paradigm of belief * ignores the conventional understandings * incoherent ideology * unless other graha in 9, may prefer to live without father-figures
* freedom to abandon empty theories * many vacuums * wandering teachers * wisdom of surrender * misunderstandings due to incomplete comprehension * doctrine of impermanence * Other-Worldly viewpoint * walks away in disbelief * uninterested in charity * liberating philosophy * for wifely nativities, Ketu may release the dhavakaraka husband-figure..
skepticism toward all philosophical teachings
Walden 1817-1862 abolition Henry David Thoreau was a vigorous anti-slavery activist during the 1830's-1850's antebellum abolition movement in the USA. He also ran a profitable commercial business making graphite pencils.