births of a feminine valence, the
influence of rigid, chronological, lawful, enduring strictly structural
sober serious systematic
Shani can considerably affect the outcome.
For those born into the Shani-ruled paradigm of Vutkrita, elder persons, old rules, rigid structures, age and time, resistance to change, status hierarchies, social class barriers, large organizations, public opinion, bureaucracies, regulatory requirements, legal systems,
and corporate or institutional officials
may be especially influential.
Instructional guidance is provided from the
civilizations of Asellus. Their purpose is the
lawful, hierarchically ordered maintenance of the customary
folk habits in the place of settlement.
Laws and Customs
All four pada of Tisya occur within Chandra-ruled Karkata rashi. Births
into pada 1-2-3-4 uniformly express the the tension between emotionally
protective soothing Somana versus lawfully ordering
Both deeply caring and socially regulatory, Vukrita ladies are often found at the director level of
hierarchical organizations that are dedicated to family, parent, and
Deeply patriotic and protectionist by nature, they have a gift for combining a
secure family life with larger social responsibilities. Sidhya feminine figures are influential in the material world, respected
for their orderly yet sensitive conduct, and particularly dedicated to the
safety of women and children.
Themes of parental duty, civic responsibility, patriotism, dignity of the
family, and foundational legal protections may contextualize Pushya's
terrestrial experience. Applies also to
Chandra in Pushyami.
QUOTATION from Shil-Ponde. (1939). Hindu Astrology Joytisha-Shastra . p 93
"Distinctly the club-woman type is found here.
She is well-read, cultured and active in all community and social affairs.
In her home she entertains and is fond of indoor games, bridge parties and social gatherings
at which she is a charming and capable hostess.
She will have her own money
or her husband will be generous in his allowances to her
and she will spend much of it on church and club activities
If she cares to adopt some public career,
ER and FDR in the late 1930's. Although they separated
in 1916, a skillful image-management team photographed the couple
together at family events until FDR's death in 1945. Their marital
disharmony was not widely known by the public until the 1960's.
Distinctive Features of the Nativity
- Surya-Vrizchika * Maricha
* particle of light
- Surya in bhava-5
* center of sparkling, poetic romance * intelligence for speculation *
father-figures play central, entitled roles * radiates brightly
political, celebrity * focus on glamour
* genius for dramatic entertainments * eye on gambling + games
* bright center of creative performance
* confidently sensitive, bright comforter, entitled to parent, radiantly rhythmic, creatively intelligent mother, emotional father-figure, politically and culturally aligned parents, radiantly
* confidently progressive * bright warrior * moves in alignment with the spiritual rays of the Sun * creatively intelligent brother-figures * self-reflexive political pursuits * champion of brilliant ideals * competitive father-figure * entitled to conquer and win * radiantly pioneering
* confidently conversational * bright messenger * entitled to discuss * creatively intelligent sibling-cohort * discursive father-figure * speaks and gestures in alignment with the spiritual rays of the Sun * radiantly descriptive * articulate in drama and games * self-confident announcements * talks about ideals, power-politics, poetic love, and romance
Dad = Eliot Roosevelt was a nephew of POTUS-26 National Parks 1858-1919 Theodore Roosevelt
- The year following her mom's death at ER's age-6, dad died
of a seizure ER's age 7.
- A deeply addicted alcoholic, dad died
in a treatment asylum.
- Suffering delirium tremens and in
distress, he jumped from a building top + died of a concussion
no incoming Parashari drishti
rules Simha-2 speech = 10th-from-Chnadra
- ER was most famed for her broadcasts and inspirational
intelligence (Surya) is focused upon voice, face, values lineage, family
genetics. Mother of six children = lineage perpetuator.
Surya Mahadasha * age 40 until age 46 = 1924 until 1930
grants a deep composure, even under pressure of frightening (Vrischika) upheaval both political and personal.
matrikaraka * garha-karaka
* comforted by rhythmic penetration of mystery
- Chandra in Jyeztha-Kita * comforted by competitive signals * protector of soothing prophetic messages, narrative of cultural pioneering, familiar face of direct announcements
- Chandra in
classroom-5 * comfort in politics
gambling and games * soothed by celebrity, charm, children
needs to feel the repeating pulse of confident self-expression *
emotionally attuned to uniqueness * settled into the rhythm of romance
* intelligent customary routines * calmed by artistic
performance * undulating creativity
* Emotionally entitled, sensitive to charismatic figures, sentimentally attached to the father, needs sparkling centrality, comforted by confidence, undulating intelligence, soothed by attention and applause, feels like a king
- Somana-yuti-Kuja * Emotionally pro-active * sensitive to brotherly figures * needs to win * comforted by direct forward movement * invigorates the undulating routine * soothed by pioneering innovation * competitive mother * feels like a champion
- Somana-yuti-Budha * Emotionally communicative, sensitive to sibling figures, sheltered by workmates and cohort, needs to evangelize, soothed by conversation, feels like a messenger
MOTHER + maternal grandmother
Mom = died ER's age 6 during Budha-Rahu bhukti +
Sade-Sati, from diphtheria.
With three graha attending her outspoken Chandra in Jyeztha-Kita, ER had numerous
additional mother-figures. These included several aunts and her maternal
grandmother, who raised ER from age 6 until age 15.
grandmother represented via Kumbha-bhava-8 = 4th-from-Chandra, a
secretive figure. ER also developed a strong, lifelong bond with the
headmistress of her English boarding school.
= financially fortunate
Revenues = payments for public roles surpassed her husband's earnings during nearly
every year of his presidency. ER had family money due to Guru-2 . ER donated most
of her honoraria for public speaking. Somana-yuti-Budha
+ Budha rules 12-charitable donations.
polarizing catalysis throughout life,
romantic (5) disturbances, upset with children (5), constant
destruction-then-rebirth of the political intelligence (5)
ER was a very complex female person. Mangala +
Chandra-yuti-Budha + Surya providing an extraordinary range of skill to handle an nearly continuous experience of personal and national Emergency
(Vrischika) as an un-elected political figure (5) for several
decades. This at a time when women in public life were rare.
Her supportive (Chandra) and directive (Mangala) energy applied to
the emergency efforts in the Great Depression and the second World
MARRIAGE emotional support partnership
- bhava-11 =
- bhava-11 ruled by nichha-Zukra
- 7th Kuja drishti into 7th-from-Chandra creates the
classic Kuja Dosha
- compounded by
- troubled, barrier-bending, taboo-twisting women
The Roosevelt marriage was characterized by a pantheon of
sexual and romantic liaisons, on both sides
- a masterful public-relations management team Zukra-yuti-Rahu-3
ensured that the public had no insight into the intrigue,
excitement, betrayal, and drama which defined their personal
lives. Rather, the couple were portrayed as conventional parents
of a large family, born to wealth, committed to the orderly
improvement of the nation. ER's
Shani in Bhava-12
creates a Sarala yoga which protects against the potential
damages of exposure, disclosure, or emergence.
- Although ER requested a divorce from FDR after discovering
her husband's passionate affair-du-coeur with her own private
secretary, FDR and ER were never legally divorced. FDR's mother
threatened them with disinheritance from the substantial family
fortune, if they divorced. Bhava-8 in-laws ruled by the
Shani in Bhava-12.
FDR is represented by ER's Bhava-11 representing social
networking, economic systems, and social participation goals. He
led the nation through the agonies of the Great Depression
(economics) and the maintenance of interconnections with the
Allied Powers of of WW-2.
- even while both partners conducted multiple relationships
outside of the marriage contract
ER was able to avoid the problems attendant upon splitting the large estate that she shared with FDR.
Thus she retained most of her funding source and was able to
continue in a public service partnership with her husband
bhratru-karaka * virya-karaka
rules 5-intelligrnce, creativity, celebrity ++ 10 social visibility,
respect, reputation, leadership
Mangala rules 5-politics,
containing the rulers of 1 (Chandra) 2 (Simha) 5-10 (Kuja) and 3-12
- Mangala-Vrizchika * Swakshetra
* vigorous pursuit of secrets * proactive exploration * push toward discovery * champion of emergency action * champion of emergency action
- Mangala in bhava-5
* drive toward creativity * pursuit of games * invasive drama * dynamic style of flamboyant display * competitive children * energized by romance * political conquests * productive intelligence * push toward speculative adventures
* active creativity * high-energy confidence * dynamic genius * championship force joins willful charm * potential for aggressive politics * brilliant competitions * self-promoting * vigorous theatrical displays , potential for aggressive political or dramatic
* invigorated feelings * energized intuition * dynamic nurturance * masculine force joins parental care * potential for aggressive emotionalized actions
* communicative competitions * energized signaling * dynamic reporting * clipped speech patterns * abrupt announcements * champion of vigorous messaging * pushes toward
direct commands * potential for aggressive gestures
* incisive speech * forceful
Mangala rules the emotionally conflicted
Mangala Mahadasha * age 56 until age 73 = 1940
1945-1952 served as US Delegate to the United
Nations General Assembly . ER played a key role in
drafting the first global-scope ethical humanist bill of rights
based on self-evident truths, the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which remains the most
important natural-law foundational document referenced by human
rights activists worldwide.
Budha * bandhava-karaka * zisya-karaka
* secretive communications * articulation of transformative process * emergency pronouncements *delivers messages about dangerous situations * descriptive initiations * discusses undisclosed information * mysterious handcraft * * articulately defined masking * gives instruction for penetrating procedures * expertly detailed disguise * hands-arms-shoulders make occult gestures
- Budha in bhava-5 * narrative of
drama, politics, creativity * discusses
children, entitlement, entertainment, describer of divine intelligence, explainer of
romance, delivers instructions for politics, poetry, creative literature, games, love, fame, human delights , talks about idealism, royalty, uniqueness, artistic performance, radiant confidence, celebration, glitter and glamour, splendor.
* explainer of dramatic intelligence * affinity for central roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction * explainer of dramatic intelligence * affinity for central roles expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction * articulation of radiant authority * message of willpower and charisma * confidently talkative father
* explainer of feelings * affinity for caretaking, parental roles
expressing skills of communication, explanation, description, instruction
* articulation of comfortable routines, message of sensitivity and
emotional flow, intuitively talkative mother
* explainer of competitive energies * affinity for engineering,
invasive, exploratory roles expressing skills of communication, explanation,
description, instruction *articulator of competitive energies, signals forward action, message of innovation and forward movement, outspoken, fraternal conversations, aggressive communications, talkative brother-figures
* Budha rules 12-privacy, the bedroom.* Budha is the Coupler
ER conducted a private sexual life according to her own preferences.
She had both male and female companions Budha-yuti-Surya
The clandestine relationships conducted in sanctuary are
psychologically, emotionally, and sexually complex and rich.
Budha Mahadasha * age birth until age 13 *
1884 until 1897
Budha rules the super-powered nichha-Zukra-yuti-Rahu-3
- dynamic, energized writing
- public communications,
particularly her unprecedented outreach to women and the poor
- ER wrote and published more than 60 magazine articles over the
course of FDR's 12-year presidency.
dhavakaraka * bahuta-karaka
* many lights, many displays, much drama, believes in special
entitlement, doctrine of intelligence and unique personality, expands the scope
of politics, multiple games, many celebrities and celebrations, much drama,
believes in creativity and special entitlement
- Guru in bhava-2 * much hoard * many songs * many stories * extensive history * expanded storage * several genetic lines * many accumulated goods * numerous languages * many voices * many valuations * extensive accounts * grows the family lineage * believes in conservation * patron of speech-and-song
Guru-9 occupies the high visibility, leadership oriented
- Dharmesha Guru in bhava-2
reinforces her ability to speak (2) on matters of global
outreach (9) and make a philosophical, humanistic contribution
- ER was known above all for the breadth of her
social vision, the scope of her charitable works, and her principled
- Guru dhavakaraka * ER was permanently linked to her husband
Guru in bhava-2
= accumulated monies via family lineage and knowledge gained through a good education (especially
Incoming drishti of Shani-12 increases the work
ethic, requires discipline in public roles, and adds restriction on public behavior.
Zukra * svadhu-karaka *
- Zukra-Kanya *
* appreciation of service -or- victimization, likes logical
argument, * attracted to laboring classes, servants, and animals
* prefers exploitive, unbalanced arrangements * pleasures of
medication and toxic pain relief * enjoys humility * aligned to
unfair, distrusting contracts * alliance in ministries of
service * aesthetic of remedies for injustice
- Zukra-3 * pleasure of explanatory description * gracious messaging * enjoys commercial harmony * aesthetic instructions * feminine-figures (sisters * aunts * neighbors) dominate the cohort * appreciation of communications * aesthetic instructions * pleasing designs to adorn the ears * arms * shoulders * and hands * feminine-figures (sisters * aunts * neighbors) dominate the cohort * appreciation of balanced communications
* sweetened adventure * gracious ambition * appreciation for exciting opportunism * masked negotiations * over-reaching agreements * exceptional beauty * enjoys cultural mixing * barrier-bending, culturally unusual arrangements * diplomatic equity balanced with exhilarating risk * risk-rewarding contracts * typically an unconventionally attractive, pleasantly mesmerizing appearance.
One potential benefit of ruler of 7th-from-Chandra (Zukra) being
located in bhava-3 is that the partners are able to remain in
conversation however strained, and that a sibling-type bond may be
adequate to replace the lost intimacy of marriage. T
suggests amplified opportunistic boundary-challenging engagement
with women who may suffer a reduced ability to feel beautiful
Combined with the nichha Chandra, many troubles from women of all ranks and varieties, from the mother and mother-in-law
and from secretaries, daughters, and lovers.
ER exerted a powerful appeal to common women at a time of back-to-back national catastrophes,
the Great Depression and WW-2. It was her specifically non-glamorous, sensible, and plain style which allowed those suffering from poverty,
insufficiency, and conflict to find in her a credible role model for the
post-Victorian women's world.
ER bore indignity with dignity - and was much loved by several generations of trouble-bearing women because of it.
Shani * duro-karaka * jara-karaka
Sarala Yoga *
Shani-12 rules 8
Shani occupies uttama-Thula in navamsha-12
Shani in Bhava-12
* internecine intrigue
- Shani-Mithunaya * tiresome old documents
* resistance to change of explanations *
obliged to conform to the hierarchical managers * must
materialize orderly information delivery * rigid process
handling * heavy old discussions * obligatory, strictly scripted
conversations * inflexible instructions * must endure the
lowest-common-denominator proletarian communication * slow elderly messengers
* vital energy compression stress zone = hand-arm-shoulder
breathing * insufficient team cooperation * must continue to
collaborate, cooperate, gesture, and signal
despite scarce available resources
Shani in Bhava-12 * Structured,
orderly, time-conscious sleep state. One must retreat in
fear from the guidance of dreams and visions. Cautious, conventional
fantasies; imposed invisibility; tense
imagination, limited sleep, chronic resistance to interior wisdom; heavy
legacy pressure against free channeling of clairsentient wisdom.
Psychic fatigue. Resistance to new prayers. Resentment toward changes in meditation
practice. Intolerance toward unconventional foreigners. Support for
socially-approved, rigidly dutiful roles as researcher, incarcerator,
bedbound invalid, sanctuary maintainer, monastery or hotel worker
yuvathipathi Shani-12 = health concerns for husband
The prognosis for a conventional, monogamous marriage is grim due to
irregularities of both the yuvathipathi and the ruler of
7th-from-Chandra. However, a non-conventional marriage did emerge
and the partners served their nation brilliantly at a time of
tremendous need, despite their personal travails.
the revolutionary, emotionally turbulent, perpetually
Shani-12 granting the protective Sarala Yoga benefits
ER's capacity to retain confidential (8)
Shani in Bhava-12
operates within distant, private, and often invisible scenes
- behind-the-scenes (12) work with the holders of secret power
She flew many clandestine missions around the world representing
her increasingly paralyzed husband, carrying private messages
- identity-dissolution and enclosures; ensures privacy.
- keeping of secrets = job for which ER was held in
- She kept diplomatic secrets, sexual secrets, and financial secrets with complete trustworthiness. Even her personal journals were very discreet.
- The lifepartner maintained respectful and goal-oriented communications with his public-partner wife
- Both parties placed public duties above the personal preferences.
Shani-12-Mithunaya-Mriga exactly matches FDR's Chandra in
- suggesting FDR's invisible pursuits
- but also linking these two partners inextricably.
- See also the navamsha linkage, showing FDR's
Mithunaya-Chandra fused into ER's navamsha R-K = navamsha
Shani rules communicative
3rd-from-Chandra = writing, publishing, short-tour, announcement,
days per week from 1934 until her death in 1962, ER wrote the
popular newspaper column "My Day" detailing her humanitarian
concerns, current events, and social views
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka * picchala-karaka (slippery)
Rahu-Kanya-Parthya * shimmering illusion of
humility * craving for crime * mask of exploitation * ambitious medications *
intriguing addictions * mirage of humble service ministry * fascinating injuries
* over-reaching logic of injustice * amazing illnesses * extraordinary arguments
* seeks special importance via apparent (but perhaps not authentic) attributes
of medical skill, shrewd management of conflict and war, divorce remediation,
accusatory litigation * seeks privilege via
- Rahu in bhava-3 * passion for communication *
in swabhava of Busy Budha, the Shadowy Specter seeks privilege via glamorous or unusual
writing, photography, journalistic reporting, news announcements,
cinema, commentary, messaging. Craves
publication. Desires a special, important explanatory, descriptive, or instructional role.
commercial business, internet, cinema, or communications media.
Exciting, opportunistic engagement with process management, manufacturing,
business administration, instructions, information technology.
Trespasses cultural boundaries of
cohort-conversations and evangelistic
character of the sibling-cousin, collaborative team, or touring ensemble.
* amplified attractions, magnified beauty. exotic art-music, tricky
feminine-figures, fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance of
luxuriously lovely pleasures
Ketu * kavandha-karaka * chidra-karaka
- Ketu-Meena * dissociates from Otherworldly
incomplete clairsentience, empty dreams, dissolute guidance, not limited by
cetacean culture, ignores restriction on intuition, disarrayed wisdom, applies
symbolic understanding to the misty abyss
- Ketu in
classroom-9 * incoherent ideology, disinterested in the credenda; wandering worldview; absentee father-figures * no barriers in doctrine,
disregards teachings, vacuous philosophy, irrelevance of the
catechesis, ambivalence toward the
power of principled conviction. One abandons the usual paradigm of belief, ignores the conventional
understandings, delivers incoherent theory.
classroom-9 * ruler Guru occupies 6th-from-9th
- Her dashingly handsome and rich father was utterly profligate and died of
extreme alcohol toxicity in an asylum