Distinctive Features of the Nativity
pitri-karaka [father] jyoti-karaka
[conserving-acquiring dhana-pati for
[bright center of hidden assets]
[intelligence for non-disclosure]
[celebrated entitlement to reveal secrets]
[political focus on emergency]
[Anuradha-1] [navamsha Surya-Simha] intuitively confident political-theatrical
- [Surya-Vṛścika] Maricha
* particle of light * brightly charismatic confidence of
Center-stage Surya radiates through the penetrating transformative rashi of Mangala
- [Surya in bhava-5] center of sparkling entitlements * poetic romance * literary-artistic intelligence * splendid speculations * radiates brightly
celebrity * focus on glamour * genius for dramatic entertainments * eye on
smart gambling * brilliant in games * bright center of creative
performance * father may be a dramatist-speculator-politician
- [Surya-yuti-Chandra] confidently sensitive * bright comforter * entitled to express
* radiantly rhythmic * creatively intelligent mother * * sensitive to the spiritual rays of the Sun * parents are culturally aligned * patriotic father
- [Surya-yuti-Kuja] confidently progressive * bright warrior * moves in alignment with the spiritual rays of the Sun * creatively intelligent brother-figures * self-reflexive political pursuits * champion of brilliant ideals * competitive father-figure * entitled to conquer * focused on winning * radiantly pioneering
- [Surya-yuti-Budha] confidently conversational * bright messenger * entitled to discuss * creatively intelligent sibling-cohort * discursive father-figure * gestures conduct the spiritual rays of the Sun * radiantly descriptive * articulate in drama * skillful game-player * self-confident announcements * talks about ideals * narrative of power-politics * recites love poems * describes divine romance
ER's Dad = Eliot Roosevelt was a nephew of
- The year following her mom's death at ER's age-6, dad died
of a seizure due to blunt-force trauma ER's age 7.
- A deeply addicted alcoholic, dad died
in a warehousing/isolation/treatment asylum.
- Suffering delirium tremens and in
distress, he jumped from a building top + died of a concussion
no incoming Parashari drishti
OUTCOMES - SURYA
rules Simha-2 speech = 10th-from-Chnadra
- ER was most famed for her broadcasts and inspirational
speeches  .
intelligence [Surya] is focused upon voice, face, values lineage, family
genetics. Mother of six children = lineage perpetuator.
Surya Mahadasha * age 40 until age 46 = 1924 until 1930
grants a deep composure, even under pressure of frightening [Vṛścika] upheaval both political and personal.
matrikaraka [mother] * garha-karaka
[energizing-identifying lagnesha for Karkata
intuitively sensitive inspirational-guiding
- [Chandra-Vṛścika] comforted by mystery * sensitive to trauma-healing * needs healing discovery
- [Chandra in Jyeṣtha-Antares] calmed by competitive signals * protector of prophetic messages * familiar face of direct announcements
- [Chandra in classroom-5] comfortable with politics
familiar with speculation * intelligent confident mother * soothed by playing games * charmed by children
* needs applause * sensitive to center-stage roles *
nourished by self-expression * feels entitled * attuned to heart-centered emotion * settled into the rhythm of artistic creativity * routinely seeks amusement * calmed by admiration * undulating celebrity * mother may be an actress, scholar, creator, gambler, romantic
- [Somana-yuti-Surya] Emotionally entitled * sensitive to fatherly folk * needs sparkling centrality * sentimentally romantic * creative mother * comforted by confidence * undulating intelligence * soothed by attention * calmed by applause * feels like
- [Somana-yuti-Kuja] Emotionally pro-active * sensitive to brotherly figures * needs to win * comforted by direct forward movement * invigorates the undulating routine * soothed by pioneering innovation * competitive mother * calmed by routine exercise * feels like a
- [Somana-yuti-Budha] Emotionally communicative * sensitive to sibling figures * sheltered by workmates * calmed by a chatty cohort * talkative mother * needs to evangelize * makes empathetic gestures * soothed by conversation * feels like a
MOTHER + maternal grandmother
Mom = died ER's age 6 during Budha-Rahu bhukti +
Sade-Sati, from diphtheria.
- With three graha attending her outspoken
Chandra in Jyeṣtha-Antares, ER's
life featured numerous
additional mother-figures. These included several aunts and her maternal
grandmother, who raised ER from age 6 until age 15.
grandmother represented via Kumbha-bhava-8 = 4th-from-Chandra, a
secretive figure. ER also developed a strong, lifelong bond with the
headmistress of her English boarding school.
= financially fortunate
Revenues = payments for public roles surpassed her husband's earnings during nearly
every year of his presidency.
- ER had family money due to Guru-2 .
- ER donated most of her honoraria for public speaking =
+ Budha activates 12-charitable donations.
polarizing catalysis throughout life,
romantic  disturbances, upset with children  , constant
destruction-then-rebirth of the political intelligence 
ER was a very complex female person. Mangala + [Chandra-yuti-Budha] + Surya providing an extraordinary range of skill to handle an nearly continuous experience of personal and national Emergency
[Vṛścika] as an un-elected political figure  for several
decades. This at a time when women in public life were rare.
Her supportive [Chandra] and directive [Mangala] energy applied to
the emergency efforts in the Great Depression and the second World
MARRIAGE partnership emotional equity support expectations
- bhava-11 =
- bhava-11 ruled by [nīcha] Shukra
- 7th Kuja drishti into 7th-from-Chandra creates the
- compounded by
- troubled, barrier-bending, taboo-twisting women
= [nīcha] Shukra-yuti-Rahu
The Roosevelt marriage was characterized by a pantheon of
sexual and romantic liaisons, on both sides
- a masterful public-relations management team Shukra-yuti-Rahu-3
ensured that the public had no insight into the intrigue,
excitement, betrayal, and drama which defined their personal
lives. Rather, the couple were portrayed as conventional parents
of a large family, born to wealth, committed to the orderly
improvement of the nation. ER's
Shani in Bhava-12
creates a [Sarala Yoga] which protects against the potential
damages of exposure, disclosure, or emergence.
- Although ER requested a divorce from FDR after discovering
her husband's passionate affair-du-coeur with her own private
secretary, FDR and ER were never legally divorced. FDR's mother
threatened them with disinheritance from the substantial family
fortune, if they divorced. Bhava-8 in-laws ruled by the
Shani in Bhava-12.
FDR is represented by ER's Bhava-11 representing social
networking, economic systems, and social participation goals. He
led the nation through the agonies of the Great Depression
[economics] and the maintenance of interconnections with the
Allied Powers of of WW-2.
- even while both partners conducted multiple relationships
outside of the marriage contract
ER was able to avoid the problems attendant upon splitting the large estate that she shared with FDR.
Thus she retained most of her funding source and was able to
continue in a public service partnership with her husband
bhratru-karaka [brother] virya-karaka
- [Mangala-Vṛścika] vigorous pursuit of hidden assets * proactive exploration * energetic initiation * exposure of shocking secrets * plunges the tantric depths * push toward discovery * champion of emergency action
- [Mangala in bhava-5] drive toward creativity * pursuit of games * pioneering speculation * dynamic style of flamboyant display * competitive children * energized by romance * political conquests * productive intelligence * push toward celebrity * champion of romance * promotes choice-making *propulsive genius * actively charming *
- [Kuja-yuti-Surya] kinetic creativity * glorious innovator * high-energy confidence * dynamic genius * dominating force joins willful charm * competitive politics * brilliant winner * physically active father-figure * vigorous theatrical display
- [Kuja-yuti-Chandra] invigorated feelings * energized intuition * dynamic nurturance * competitive caretaking * often the dominant parent * needs to win * forward thrusting emotions * seeks security via conquest
- [Kuja-yuti-Budha] proactive communications * energized signaling * dynamic reporting * clipped speech patterns * abrupt announcements * champion of vigorous messaging * pushes toward
direct commands * forward thrusting gestures
* incisive speech * forceful
OUTCOMES - KUJA
[Yogakaraka] Mangala activates
- 5-intelligence, creativity, celebrity = containing the
rulers of 1 [Chandra] 2 [Simha] 5-10 [Kuja] and 3-12 [Budha]
- 10 social visibility,
respect, reputation, leadership
Motivating Mangala activates Mesha-10 = the emotionally conflicted
Mangala Mahadasha * age 56 until age 73 = 1940
1945-1952 served as US Delegate to the United
Nations General Assembly .
ER played a key role in
drafting the first global-scope ethical humanist bill of rights
based on self-evident truths, the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which remains the most
important natural-law foundational document referenced by human
rights activists worldwide.
jamayah-karaka [sibling] sandeza-karaka
[message] zisya-karaka [student]
[private conversations have political outcomes]
- [Budha-Vṛścika ] secretive communications * articulation of transformative process * emergency pronouncements * delivers messages about dangerous situations * describes mystical initiation * discusses undisclosed information * mysterious handcraft * articulately defined masking * gives instruction for penetrating procedures * expertly detailed disguise * hands-arms-shoulders make occult gestures
- [Budha in bhava-5] narrative of splendid signaling * discusses
entitlements * self-referential conversations * describer of divine intelligence
* explainer of
romance * delivers political instructions * writes poetry * proclaims
love * defines creative literature * plays games * discusses fame * lectures about idealism
* debates with royalty * chats with children * publishes unique opinions *
articulator of artistic performance * declaims with radiant confidence
- [Budha-yuti-Surya] amusing explanations * entertaining chatter *
central roles in communication * brightly clear descriptions * dramatic enunciation * confidently delivers instruction * articulation of radiant certainty * political messenger * talkative father-figures
- [Budha-yuti-Chandra] explainer of feelings * mentalized caretaking * communicative parenting * familiar rhythmic phrasing * ancestral instruction * writes sensitive speeches + songs *
soothed by scheduling * needs to plan * describes the comfortable routines * responsive siblings * intuitively talkative mother
- [Budha-yuti-Mangala] competitive communications * scripted actions * impatient conversations * potential for sexualized messaging * penetrating explanations * direct instruction * signals forward action * pioneering movement * outspoken opinions * talkative brother-figures
OUTCOMES - BUDHA
* Budha activates 12-privacy, the bedroom.* Budha is the Coupler
ER conducted a private sexual life according to her own preferences.
She had both male and female companions Budha-yuti-Surya
+ [Budha-yuti-Chandra] + [Budha-yuti-Mangala] The clandestine relationships conducted in sanctuary are
psychologically, emotionally, and sexually complex and rich.
Budha Mahadasha * age birth until age 13 *
1884 until 1897
Budha activates the super-powered [nīcha-Shukra-yuti-Rahu-3]
- dynamic, energized writing
- public communications,
particularly her unprecedented outreach to women and the poor
- ER wrote and published more than 60 magazine articles over the
course of FDR's 12-year presidency.
dhava-karaka [husband] bahuta-karaka
- [Guru-Simha ] many lights * big political displays * much drama * doctrine of divine right * expands the scope of unique personality * great splendor * multiple games * diverse theatrical performances * multiple celebrations * romantic permissiveness * self-reflexive worldview * abundant creativity * believes in special entitlements
- [Guru in bhava-2] much hoard * many songs * many stories * extensive history * generous reserves * several genetic lines * many accumulated goods * numerous languages * expansive oratory * large eyes * many voices * many valuations * extensive accounts * grows the family lineage * optimistic heritage * believes in historic conservation * patron of speech-and-song * in a wifely nativity, husbandly-companion may be a keeper-collector-preserver
OUTCOMES - GURU
Guru-9 occupies the high visibility, leadership oriented
- Dharmesha Guru in bhava-2
reinforces her ability to speak  on matters of global
outreach  and make a philosophical, humanistic contribution
- ER was known above all for the breadth of her
social vision, the scope of her charitable works, and her principled
- Guru dhavakaraka * ER was permanently linked to her husband
Guru in bhava-2
= accumulated monies via family lineage and knowledge gained through a good education
[especially in languages]
Incoming drishti of Shani-12 increases the work
ethic, requires discipline in public roles, and adds restriction on public behavior.
svadu-karaka [sweet] kalatra-karaka
relationships, agreement, alliances, finance,
negotiation, equity, justice, women]
* appreciation of service ministries * likes logical argument * attracted to subordinates * delighted by animals * accepts unbalanced agreements * prefers exploitable partners * pleased by pain relief * enjoys humility * graciously accommodates unfair contracts * sweet alliance with victims * litigious bargaining
- [Shukra-3] seeks pleasure via communications * talks about relationships * sweetens the administrative tasks * smooth style of messaging * enjoys commercial harmony * pleasant retinue * satisfied by literacy * balanced numeracy skills * prefers collaborative teamwork * aesthetically phrased announcements * appreciation of conversation * nice designs to adorn the ears * attractive shoulders * lovely arms * graceful hands * chatty sisters- aunts-neighbors * attuned to the cohort * likes musical groups * fair-and-balanced reporting * in a husbandly nativity, wifely-companion may be a manager-communicator-writer
- [Shukra-yuti-Rahu] sweetened adventure * gracious ambition * appreciation for opportunities * thrilling negotiations * passionate sensuality * over-reaching agreements * exceptional beauty * enjoys cultural mixing * barrier-bending relationships * unorthodox arrangements * diplomatic equity balances exhilarating chance * risk-rewarding contracts * unconventionally attractive * pleasantly mesmerizing appearance * prefers exciting partners
OUTCOMES - SHUKRA
- Learning Pathway experiences may involve feminine-figures who are deceived,
aggrieved, disadvantaged, marginalized, or suffering from low self-worth [Kanya 12th-from-balancing Tula].
- Partnerships personal and professional may be challenged in
matters of equity, fairness, mutuality, balance
- Attracted to servants, employees, service-workers, helpers, and aides.
- Aesthetic of undervaluation.
- Often displeased with peers.
One potential benefit of ruler of 7th-from-Chandra [Shukra] being
located in bhava-3 = the partners are able to remain in
conversation However, strained, and that a sibling-type bond may be
adequate to replace the lost intimacy of marriage. T
suggests amplified opportunistic boundary-challenging engagement
with women who may suffer a reduced ability to feel beautiful
Combined with the nichha Chandra, many troubles from women of all ranks and varieties, from the mother and mother-in-law
and from secretaries, daughters, and lovers.
ER exerted a powerful appeal to common women at a time of back-to-back national catastrophes,
the Great Depression and WW-2. It was her specifically non-glamorous, sensible, and plain style which allowed those suffering from poverty,
insufficiency, and conflict to find in her a credible role model for the
post-Victorian women's world.
ER bore indignity with dignity - and was much loved by several generations of trouble-bearing women because of it.
duro-karaka [endurance] *jara-karaka [Jahre, years]
[Sarala Yoga] shani-12 rules 8
[bargaining-partnering jaya-pati for Karkata indriya-lagna]
- [Shani-Mithunaya] tiresome old documents
* resists new explanations * must conform to management hierarchy * must continue orderly communications * rigid process
handling * heavy old discussions * obligatory scripted conversations * inflexible instructions * must endure proletarian talk * slow elderly messengers
* tightly structured dialog * compression upon hand-arm-shoulder
breathing * insufficient team cooperation * overburdened collaborations * scarce information resources * maintainer of old business
- [Shani in Bhava-12] slow
time-structured envisioning * burdensome duties in Other Worlds
* limited privacy * public regulation of private environments * must work with foreigners *
socially invisible responsibilities
* blocked dreams * intimidated by phantoms *
resists clairsentient guidance * cautiously conventional
fantasies * fears imprisonment * regimented sanctuaries * lack of
spontaneity in the bedroom * chronic insomnia * dried flow of
interior inspiration * cold feet * psychic fatigue
* mandatory isolation * tightly regulated
scientific research * elders preserve the old enclosures
CAREER- SHANI yuvati-pati Shani-12 = health concerns for husband
Shani occupies [uchcha] Tula in navamsha-12
Shani in Bhava-12
* internecine intrigue
The prognosis for a conventional, monogamous marriage might have
been rather grim due to
irregularities of both the yuvati-pati and the ruler of
7th-from-Chandra. However, a non-conventional marriage did emerge
and the partners served their nation brilliantly at a time of
tremendous need, despite their personal travails.
the revolutionary, emotionally turbulent, perpetually
Shani-12 granting the protective [Sarala Yoga] benefits
ER's capacity to retain confidential  government information
Shani in Bhava-12
operates within distant, private, and often invisible scenes
- behind-the-scenes  work with the holders of secret power
She flew many clandestine missions around the world representing
her increasingly paralyzed husband, carrying private messages
- identity-dissolution and enclosures; ensures privacy.
- keeping of secrets = job for which ER was held in
- She kept diplomatic secrets, sexual secrets, and financial secrets with complete trustworthiness. Even her personal journals were very discreet.
- The lifepartner maintained respectful and goal-oriented communications with his public-partner wife
- Both parties placed public duties above the personal preferences.
Shani-12-Mithunaya-Mriga exactly matches FDR's Chandra in
- suggesting FDR's invisible pursuits
- but also linking these two partners inextricably.
- See also the navamsha linkage, showing FDR's
Mithunaya-Chandra fused into ER's navamsha R-K = navamsha
Shani activates communicative
3rd-from-Chandra = writing, publishing, short-tour, announcement,
days per week from 1934 until her death in 1962, ER wrote the
popular newspaper column "My Day" detailing her humanitarian
concerns, current events, and social views
rajyalobha-karaka [ambition] picchala-karaka
[Rahu-Parthya] shimmering illusion of
humility * craving for crime * mask of exploitive assistance * ambitious physicians *
intriguing addictions * mirage of medication * fascinating injuries
* over-reaching accusations * amazing illnesses * extraordinary arguments * may be obsessed with servants-and-servitude * seeks special importance via apparent
[but perhaps not authentic] conflict management * shrewd dealings in sickness *
ingenious divorce * extravagant litigation * seeks privilege via
- [Rahu in bhava-3] passion for communication *
in svabhava of Busy Budha, the Shadowy Specter = glamorous
writing * exotic photography
* unusual journalistic reporting * thrilling announcements * unorthodox
commentary * mesmerizing messaging * craves
publication * ambitious
sibling-cousins * mixed-culture collaborative teams * desire for
conversations * over-reaching commerce * exciting gestures * opportunistic approach to manufacturing
* entranced by information technology *
explanations * fascinating evangelism * seeks privilege via
[Rahu-yuti-Shukra] amplified attractions * magnified beauty * exotic taste
partners * opportunistic
feminine-figures * fascinating (but perhaps illusory) appearance
of luxurious pleasure * strange-and-wonderful designs * thrilling
relationships * barrier-bending brokerage * unusual
contracts * hypnotic arrangements * gracious balance of cross-cultural mixing * entrancing music
kavandha-karaka [headless] chidra-karaka [gaping] vasana-karaka
sleepily dissociates from isolated ashrama * incomplete gestalt * unlimited visionary insight * wandering spirit guides * unsustainable sanctuary * dissolution of private prayer * foggy boundaries of distant worlds * permeable understanding of cetacean cultures * ignores restrictions on clairsentience * disarrayed dreams * releases a golden oceanic cloud of wisdom into the misty abyss
- [Ketu in classroom-9] disinterested in credenda * wandering worldview * disengaged from faith doctrine * disregards theory * liberating philosophy * irrelevance of patriarchal dogma * ambivalence toward conventional convictions * spacey father * weird beliefs * ignores the ordinary understandings * incoherent ideology * unless other graha in 9, may prefer to live free from father-figures
[Ketu in classroom-9]
* ruler Guru occupies 6th-from-9th
- AER's dashingly handsome and rich father was utterly profligate.
He died of
extreme alcohol toxicity in an asylum