| || || |
Writing and Publishing
Philosophy and Science
Author and co-author with
Friedrich Engles of
The Communist Manifesto
and Das Kapital
eschatological political economist, social historian
Leading intellectual of modern social theory
born 10 months after
born six months before
Karl Heinrich Marxfleshbirth
Karl Marx and his co-author collaborator Frederich Engels
| Karl Marx, in a letter to his father, 1835 || "If we have chosen the position in life in which we can most of all work for mankind, no burdens can bow us down, because they are sacrifices for the benefit of all; |
then we shall experience no petty, limited, selfish joy, but our happiness will belong to millions, our deeds will live on quietly but at work, and over our ashes will be shed the hot tears of noble people."
Theorist of communist political-economics *
1818-1883 * Karl Heinrich Marx
birth data from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx * tentatively rectified by BP Lama Jyotisha
charts, graphs and tables produced by Shri Jyoti Star * adapted by BP Lama
Purva-bhadra * Praushthapada
High forehead. For
Purvabhadra natives, the condition of Professor
Brihaspati considerably affects the outcome.
Teachers, preachers, ideologues, philosophers, and
paradigms of belief may be especially influential.
the patrons of Pegasus.
"... high-strung and nervous in temperament .
They are not very strong constitutionally.
They are rather grave and serious in demeanor
they belong to the Mental Group and are by no means orthodox ,
matrikaraka * garha-karaka
bhratru-karaka * virya-karaka
Budha * bandhava-karaka * zisya-karaka
dhavakaraka * bahuta-karaka
Zukra * svadhu-karaka *
Shani * duro-karaka * jara-karaka
Rahu * rajyalobha-karaka * picchala-karaka (slippery)
Ketu * kavandha-karaka * chidra-karaka
Remedial ratna for
Kumbha radical lagna |
Das Kapital 1818-1883 economics
Nilam Shani-ratna = blue sapphire supports lagnesha Shani
Panna Budha-ratna emerald supports dharmapati Budha
Hira Zukra-ratna = diamond supports yogakaraka Zukra
| Rahu in bhava-3 = Ketu in bhava-9
chalakaraka Rahu in bhava-3
Ambitious Professor Rahu aspires to "get ahead" via communications media. Newspaper, magazine, book, radio, television, telephone, satellite, broadcast, announcements, reports, documentation, internet media, 'texting', illustration, instruction, explanation, film, print, musical lyrics, Morse Code, smoke signals.
Rahu can find expedient use for any messaging device particularly new-and-exciting "news
Expedient message-delivery style designed to get attention and gain privilege; generally unconcerned with fairness or facts (although factual reporting may be necessary if Rahu's ruler is Shani or Shani-drishti upon Rahu).
self-elevating desire to be recognized and privileged as a writer or messenger who delivers important instructions and announcements.
May be a taboo-breaker in matters of communication, messages. reports and signaling.
Often journalistically evangelical. Irregular, illicit, outsider messages. Successful writing, announcing, reporting on exotic, disruptive, or controversial topics.
chidrakaraka Ketu in bhava-9
self-deprecating ambivalence toward patriarchal religion, orthodox piety and guru-father-priest figures.
Ketu-9 has no agenda regarding religion. Generally disregards temple discourses, scripture, principles and prescriptions.
Typically disinterested in universities, scholarship, global travel, and internationalist. Tends therefore to be less educated, more parochial in philosophical viewpoint.
The Father is rarely at home during childhood; or, if available physically, is unavailable emotionally.
Normally an atheist. However, Ketu can accept the garb of other graha. May be an atheist in sheep's clothing - even an atheist working as a priest or religious figure.
The nebulous, dusty Ketu-cloud tends to simply reflect the projection of the collective unconscious;; people can believe all sorts of things about Ketu, which have nothing to do with Ketu, including the projected belief that this native is deeply religious.
"Witness " viewpoint gives cosmological neutrality in religious philosophy. If Ketu-9's lord is strong, superb placement for the super-abstract levels of philosophy such as higher mathematics and cosmology, which benefit from Ketu's disregard for dogma.
|Distinctive Features of the Nativity|
Das Kapital 1818-1883 economics
Bhava-3 = communications, coterie and cohort
Bharani Chandra + uttama-Surya-yuti-Rahu
Marx was born into an educated, bourgeois German family. He had a fairly large social network of patrons and fellow intellectual supporters.
His father was a lawyer, and young Karl would have learned how to conduct a network of relationships.
Rahu in bhava-3 + uttama
yuvatipathi-7 Surya + rogesha-6 Chandra +
drishti of swakshetra Shani
- Exotic, provocative (Rahu) confident (Surya) sympathetic to workers (rogesha-6 Chandra) and incendiary (Mesha) writings.
Shani = science
- Professionally disciplined, scientific, and highly influential writer (3)
- Shani the Scientific Disciplinarian casts His strongest 3rd drishti upon the Bharani cluster ostensibly in bhava-3, the bhava of writing.
- "Data" daily reality = bhava-3
- The books of Marx + Engels are full of research data taken from the business and government reports of the day
- The data is organized appropriately to support the theory of impending working-class revolution and its present a daunting amount of scientific effort; remarkable in their day and still held as a standard for social science writing.
- Das Kapital vol. 1 was published in 1867 to wide acclaim amongst Europe's Hegelian-thinking intellectual elite. Marx's books are still read with great interest more than 150 years after first publication.
Surya-Chandra-Rahu. = Marx was a prolific original writer (bhratrupathi-3 Mangala in 5) and translator (bhratrupathi-3 in Mithuna).
Karakamsha = bhava-5 = Marx is best known as a highly influential creative theorist and litterateur.
- married June 19, 1843 - Vimshottari period of Chandra/Zukra. Zukra = karaka for marriage
- First child 1844 = Vimshottari period of Chandra/Zukra. Zukra = dharmesha-9 Thula = children
- Death of wife Jenny = Dec 1881
March 14, 1883 - Vimshottari period of Guru/Rahu
= Rahu gives effect of maraka rules-7 uttama-Surya
Lagnesha shani in scientific Kumbha = large, rule-driven, complex logical systems (material and social economies).
Sashya Yoga = panchmahapurusha yoga
- Kumbha rules every variety of network whether conceptual, social, financial, or esoteric.
- Kumbha rules large-scale social participation movements, goals, and participation in the marketplace.
- Kumbha whose color is deep brown rules the masses , the hoi-polloi, lateral or proletarian organizations (not hierarchies, rather equal-access networks)
Shani in the 2nds pada of Purvabhadrapada:
Zukra yogakaraka swakshetra
- Behari: says
"You may get wealth through your spouse where good income is derived . You are tall with a large head and face,
inclined to corpulence , bald-headed. You have a clear and practical approach to every work you undertake."
- bandesha-4 in 4 = pleasure in the home
- Marx notoriously conducted a long sexual romance (Zukra) with his wife's maid, the family housekeeper (4), who bore him a son.
- yuvatipathi-7 spouse-partner + rogesha-6 servants yuti Rahu (taboo breaker)
- Also even when supposedly an unkempt revolutionary railing against the privilege of bourgeois society, Marx lived in a nice London home with servants (see below) paid for mainly by his parents (Budha = rules 2nd-from-matribhava-4, parents'
cintamani * mani * money) and his wife's trust accounts
- Zukra = yogakaraka bandesha-4 +dharmesha-9 in swakshetra: Marx had a wide range of experience with Property (4) from academic expertise in a theory of property rights (communism) all the way to holding a mortgage for a comfortable family home in mid-nineteenth-century London
- Even when budgets were cramped, he was permitted the luxury (Zukra) of writing in his home office (Zukra).
- yuvatipathi-7 in bhava-3
- Marx's father (Surya) was an attorney Surya = yuvatipathi-7 law courts
- Marx married Johanna"Jenny" von Westphalen, an aristocrat (uttama-Surya) with family
cintamani * mani * money. While his post-mortem fame derived from his characterization and detailed analysis of the lives of slaves to industrialization who lived in the most bitter poverty, Marx himself lived in fairly bourgeois circumstances most of the time.
- Clearly his wife was willing to take some social risks * yuvatipathi-7 Surya-yuti-Rahu * and she herself would have supported his affinity for the working class (Surya + rogesha-6 Chandra)
- L-3+karmesha-10 in 5 = fame (karmesha-10 in 5) for literature (bhratrupathi-3 in 5)
- Marx was a highly original and confident (uttama-Surya) writer. He managed to see most of his publications recognized by the public before his death (karmesha-10 Mangala in 5, creative performance literature).
- the nature of the literature however brilliant also has a complaining quality because Kuja is unhappy in the rashi of his enemy Budha
- also the literature has a bilingual (Mithuna) quality. Marx wrote mainly in the country of England but mainly in the language of Germany. His works only reached a wider intellectual public after being translated by Marx's good friend and co-writer Frederich Engels.
- Marx's theoretical argumentation (bhava-6) was outrageously revolutionary (Mesha Chandra-yuti-Rahu ) in its claim that the proletariat (6, also Bharani) possessed inherent rights to ownership of property (Rahu claims privileges which traditionalist Shani would deny)
- Marx's arguments about"rights " (uttama-Surya+ yuvatipathi-7 ) were legally reasoned (yuvatipathi-7 uttama-Surya-yuti-Chandra) in a uniquely flamboyant (Rahu) fashion.
- Marx was a good student of philosophy. dharmesha-9 Zukra + Budha (education karaka) in bhava-4 schooling. vidyapathi-5 Budha in 4 = creative intelligence located in the
bhava of folkways, ethnic roots, ancient customs and cultural norms.
- He was well-educated in the rigorously conceptual but psycho-emotionally transcendent"roots " Hegelian political-philosophical scholarship of his day. (think zeitgeist). He knew the roots of his philosophical homeland very well and deployed the native logic with intellectual grace.
- confusion and apathy regarding religion"Religion is the Opiate of the People"
- both of Marx's parent were born Jewish but converted to the German state religion, Lutheranism, as adults. He father converted for career reasons before Karl was born, and his mother converted as soon as her parents died.
- His paternal grandfather had been the Rabbi of Trier.
- dharmesha-9 Zukra = shad-ashtaka 6-8 fromswakshetra-Thula-9
- Budha is a mixed experience for the Kumbha lagna. As vidyapathi-5 Budha can provide creative genius but as randhresha-8 Budha represents the emergency and upheaval forced and sudden changes of bhava-8.
- Thus Budha in 4 (property) for Marx is both a brilliant articulator of roots (Hegelian) logic in a highly academic (4, with dharmesha-9 Zukra) context and a super-disruptive randhresha-8 agent of revolution as well.
Guru = dhanapati-2+Vriddhipathi-11 = very favorable for wealth and friends
- The volume of his output pales in comparison with that of his comrade Engels, who was even a greater writer and a greater translator (Guru in 11, friends).
- swakshetra Vriddhipathi-11 Guru in labha bhava = a networked, regulated system philosophical (Dhanushya) viewpoint and extensive teaching on marketplace behaviors, within the context of history .
- Marx enjoys the dhana yoga of Vriddhipathi-11 swakshetra Guru = dhanapati-2. He was from a bourgeois family as was his wife. He usually had enough
mani-money to support his family while he was writing his long, extensively argued books. However on those occasions when he appeared to be short of funds, his network of supportive friends (11) always provided economic support.
- strong Guru drishti upon putra bhava provides seven children, but Mangala (lord of 6th from 5th) assures that only three of those children will survive the epidemics (6) of the day and live into adulthood. As dhanapati-2 Guru who gives progeny is also a maraka graha (although the primary maraka for Kumbha lagna is always Surya)
Conditions of Death = randhra bhava = Kanya
Marx's income, financial position, inherited cintamani *
mani * money, spending patterns:
Karl Marx never held any job except as a writer.
He enjoyed a substantial inheritance from his deceased parents = dharmesha-9 fortune = Zukra-4 wealth from parents
- which however he spent completely within a five years = Shani in 12th from 2nd = dissolution of financial accounts (2) via necessities, science, Shani
- his lifestyle could never be called posh but at the same time he was able to support his large family = Zukra-4 nice home + Budha vidyapathi-5 in 4 general bhagya good luck in the home
his wife received a series of gifts and legacies
- the largest sum from her own mother = 7th Simha [wife] + 4 Vrizchika [mother-parents] + 2 Dhanushya [wealth]
- Marx's gain of income 11 from his wife's mother's estate
He received gifts throughout life from
friends who wanted him to continue to write.
- Swakshetra Guru in 11,
financially privileged, and philosophically motivated friends.
- Guru =dhanapati-2 +
9th-from-Chandra . Much of Marx's operating cash to support a household of seven children with servants and a fashionable wife was provided given to him by friends and supporters who believed in his mission (11).
Copyright 1994-2094 by Barbara Pijan Lama * Contact * How to Request a Jyotisha Reading
Barbara Pijan Lama Jyotisha Vedic Astrology Surya Sun Chandra Moon Mangala Mars Budha Mercury Guru Jupiter Zukra Venus Shani Saturn Rahu Ketu Graha Planets Dasha Timeline Nakshatra Navamsha Marriage Children Wealth Career Spirituality Wisdom Cycles of Death and Rebirth
The information on barbarapijan.com , including all readings and reports, is provided for educational purposes only. Wishing you every happiness and continuing success in studies!